She's afraid ..

Kara stops and stares at herself through the foggy mirror, the day passed without much fanfare after that. She and Diana came to an agreement, Diana wouldn't force her warrior ideals on Kara and Kara would respect the princess.

But what happened after the fight still shocked her.

"What are you doing babe?" Kara blinked and wiped away the fog, she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even hear Natasha come in. She frowned at her lack of awareness.

"Thinking."

Natasha was a head shorter than her girlfriend but wrapped her arms around Kara's waists and rests her head against Kara's back "About what Batwoman said." She stated not really needing to ask.

"Yeah." Kara sighed "what do you think?"

Natasha hummed "I think she has a few good points."

"And?" Kara urges Natasha to continue but the woman simply laughed

"Kara it's a good idea. Stop questioning it." Natasha chastised gently

The blonde turned around and held Natasha in her arms leaning against the basin lightly "What about the avengers?"

Natasha offered a half smile "It's like you said , the avengers, that name means being late, being too late to save people, I don't want to be an avenger if I can't save anyone, only avenging them."

"So..you're all for this what.. league?" Kara asked with a skeptical brow.

Natasha cups Kara's jaw, caressing the blondes cheek with her thumb "I'm all for it because I think you'll be a great leader."

Kara shakes her head ready to refuse the mantle of leader but Natasha stops her with a look "Tell me, what does the symbol you were mean?"

"Hope." Kara answers automatically.

Natasha nodded, she moved her other hand to her own necklace "right, Hope, you don't see it, you think you're just another hero, another iron man, or Steve but you're what the people ask for. You give them hope, hope for a safer Earth.."

Kara bit her lower lip "What if .. what if I can't .."

Natasha smiled softly "Kara Zor-El you gave me love and compassion when I believed I wasn't worthy of it, you gave me hope that despite my past, despite the red in my ledger that I deserve happiness. If you can do that for me? Then what do you think your do for the millions around the globe?"

~~ Flashback ~~

Kate stared directly at Kara "I'm a strong tactician,but that alone doesn't make me a capable leader.I chose this symbol." She pointed to the red bat on her chest "I chose the mantle of the bat to strike terror in my enemies and for my fights that is appropriate, it's fine but right now.." she poked the red embossed S on Kara's chest "People need a different symbol, a symbol that doesn't stand for terror, for fear. During WWII they needed Captain America but now they need a person that wasn't afraid to hide behind a mask, someone that stared at sky city falling in defiance and said no, someone that would fight even when everything seems bleak."

"They need you , they need Kara Zor-El , last daughter of Krypton that despite the numerous losses she's suffered she's never given up hope.."

The words struck every single person quiet.

Kara stepped back "That's not me." She denied

Tony grasped his sisters shoulder "Kara as much as I hate agreeing with Dracula she's right. You inspire hope, you inspire people to never give up. You did it in New York when you flew a missile into a open rift of space, you did it in Washington when you defied fate and launched a mass nearly the size of Washington back into space.. you don't give up. Even at the age of 10 when you landed in our backyard , despite everything you lost, your planet, your parents , friends and family. You kept going, and I for one would follow you into the depths of hell sister."