His secrets have secrets

While Kara, Tony and Bruce was in the lab. Fury pulled aside his best agent aside and walked to their office. Natasha kept her expression calm , not giving anything away, when they were securely in the office. Natasha straightened her back as Fury sat in his office chair.
His face stern, his lips thinned, Natasha could almost see the metaphorical gears whirring in his head.

"Kara Stark" he started and picked up the remote and switched onto the international news that caught the fight between Loki, Steve and Kara.

Natasha glanced at the screen and listening to the German officials report about the damage and the emotional trauma the victims experienced including the deaths Loki caused.

"Or what they're calling her.." Natasha eyes lingered on an image of Kara using her heat vision blasting Loki. "Supergirl.." he looked back to Natasha "Anything you want to tell me agent Romanoff?"

Natasha swallowed back the automatic denial willing to spew forth  "I knew she was enhanced, I wasn't aware of how much or what she's capable of." She answered half truthfully. She couldn't, even though she knew it would cost her the trust of Fury, a man that gave her a chance when no one else would, a former KGB spy, a killer — a woman experimented on with a variant of the super serum.

"You knew she was enhanced and why didn't you put that in your report?"

Natasha licked her lips "I didn't think her to be a danger sir, everything she's showed has supported that conclusion. She never revealed her powers or what she could do. She kept living her life, keeping her head down. That is the truth. I didn't see her as a danger to humanity." She paused steeling her green eyes "and I still don't." She gestured to the screen.

The report was in German but she understood it and she knew her boss did too.

"Not only did she keep the damage minimum , she also sent in her own foundation to ensure any property damage would be taken care of. She's responsible and if you read my report in it's entirety. I recommended her for the avengers initiative not only for her mind but her martial skill." She explained, her expression still carefully crafted and professional. Fury didn't need to know her decision was based on her emotions.

"Can she be trusted?" Fury asked

Natasha nodded "She can. She would have lived her life with keeping her abilities hidden. She's only came along because this is a global threat sir."

Fury chuckled dryly "and she had a suit ready to go?"

Natasha shuffled "She's Tony Stark's sister, even if she wanted to live her life quietly, Tony's many enemies wouldn't particularly allow her too. I suppose she was ready if she was ever needed.."

••••••

SHIELD LAB.

Kara stared at the scepter "I'm telling you Tony, it's like this scepter has a mind of its own. I can feel it trying to get into my head." She told her brother seriously.

Tony pursed his lips "But it won't?"

Kara sighed "I'm not sure, it's sort of like subtle pin pricks, so I'm keeping constantly reinforcing my shields, if I were to wager a guess emotions play a bigger part in trying to control your mind."

Bruce scanned the scepter "Well I don't know about mental manipulation but it certainly gives off high levels of gamma radiation. The readings on this thing are definitely consistent with Selvig's report on the tesseract, but it'll take weeks to process."

Tony giggled "Oh no if we bypass the mainframe and direct route to the homer cluster we can clock this around six hundred teraflops"

Banner scoffed "All I packed was a toothbrush."