Im coming home

New York stark Corp 2010

Kara sighed as she watched the latest report of the Stark expo, something she was supposed to participate in but the moment she watched her brother land in his iron man suit she rolled her eyes.

Tony had become more and more eccentric as of late. Two years ago he was kidnapped and used wanting to steal his advanced weaponry something she damn well warned him against but no in his stubbornness ignored her warnings and now.. he lived with a mini arc reactor in his chest.

"Alura connect to Malibu please." She called out to her personal AI , while her brother went with Jarvis , she had decided to name her personal AI after her mother, something she wanted to do for a while. She wanted to name it Maria at first in honor of her adoptive mother but the pain even years later was still fresh. Fourteen years later.

"Connecting now Miss stark."

"Well well if it isn't my favorite sister, come to tell me how good I did in the expo? Were you surprised? Huh were you?" Tony's voice played through her office, she snorted softly, her office was at the very top of the skyscraper, surrounded by bullet proof glass, her brother and she was quite adamant about that, especially after his kidnapping, not that she could be shot, but hey rather safe than sorry.

"Congratulations, I especially like the part you introduced dad." She congratulated sincerely

"Yeah well, he did make a few strides. Even if he was an old man." Tony quipped

Kara rolled her eyes "You're signing the company over to pepper Potts." She delved right into the issue, she liked pepper, she liked pepper for Tony. If only her brother could see how hopelessly in-love he was with the woman but that wouldn't happen anytime soon. He was usually stubborn in the ways of love and commitment. Sticking to his playboy title like he was born with it. Maybe if she asked him he'd say he was born with it.

"I thought you liked pepper." He deflected

Kara hummed "I love pepper, she's one of my best friends. I just want to know why you're handing over the company to pepper. It's rash, even more reckless than your usual behavior Anthony,"

She could almost hear her brother rolling his eyes "Don't call me that."

Kara scoffed "I'm coming to your place , my COO will be handling the day to day." She paused waiting for his response.

"You're leaving New York?"  He questioned

Kara chuckled "Is that such a surprise? I can't visit my big brother? Whom of which I haven't seen in a year?"

The line went silent, she could hear his breathing and if she tuned her hearing fine enough she would be able to hear his racing heart "Uh I just think you should stay in New York you know? Run stark corp as amazing as you have , contribute to the future, the city of tomorrow. Stay and I'll see you Christmas.." he ranted.

Narrowing her eyes as if he could see her, she picked up on the fast beating heart, she didn't say anything about it.

Tony was a good liar but she was superhuman, her hearing far exceeded any human, she didn't test the capabilities as extensive as the rest of her powers but she could tune into his beating heart, second nature. She often used it when she had a terrible nightmare. "I'm visiting" she paused "Indefinitely, Make sure my room is ready big brother. I love you."

Tony released reluctant sigh "Yeah.. okay, love you too."

•••••••

Malibu 2010

Tony looked at his cellphone and slammed it on his desk. He stared at the reader he used moments before.