You dont know what it feels like

Even though she made the motion to leave she didn't, she stood around the corner out of view, back straight against the wall, tuning her listening into the conversation happening a few meters away.

Eavesdropping was uncouth, wrong and just downright Tony-like but she couldn't help herself, either because she cared more that she initially planned on it because Natasha kept her secrets and she didn't want the red head to fall prey to Loki manipulations.

It could be either and even though the spy clearly stated she wasn't looking for anything Kara was and would always be a romantic at heart. Her little confession of her crush might've seemed like a joke but it wasn't. Not really.

The only other person aware of said feelings was Pepper. The other blonde tried pushing her to give the red head a call or take a trip to DC and just show up. Either way it would've gone bad. The call would most likely have gone unanswered and the visit would have ended in disaster.

Shaking away her internal monologue she tunes back into the conversation, the actual emotion in Natasha's voice made her feel as if she was intruding which of course she was but she also knew that the red head was a spy, no doubt a expert seductress and clearly had some acting skills, because she could hear the almost tears in her voice.

Loki sounded smug, then just down right monstrous. The things he spoke of was meant to hurt the red head deeply but Loki lost hold of his own game and said something that made Kara's jaw clench harshly.

"Thank you for your cooperation Loki."

Kara stops listening as footsteps comes toward her position against the wall. She makes no move to leave or pretend she wasn't eavesdropping on the interrogation "You were listening to my conversation weren't you?" Natasha asks not stopping her stride..

Kara catches up "I was, Barton." She pauses for a second "He's your boyfriend?"

Natasha rolls her eyes feigning annoyance but isn't able to stop the bit of satisfaction at the jealousy in Kara's tone. "No, his a friend." She stops "A dear friend. Now I'm sure you heard what Loki plans.."

Kara doesn't know exactly how to feel, the way Natasha spoke of this Barton fella , it sounded more than just friends or dear friends. She didn't speak about Pepper that way. "He means to unleash the Hulk." She nods "A sound plan." She agrees lightly because it is. Loki might be a monster but he was smart and unleashing the Hulk would sow distrust, confusion and plenty of distraction.. "It's a distraction," she voices.

"A distraction? I don't count letting Hulk free on a aircraft thirty thousand feet in the air as a distraction." Natasha scoffs silently.

Kara sighs "It is , while we're dealing with Hulk he'll escape within the chaos and move along with his plan.." When the two of them reaches the lab , it was as if a testosterone bomb exploded inside of it.

Kara blinked at the chaos , while Natasha keeps her hand on her gun and tries but fails to keep the fear out of her voice when speaking to Bruce.

Kara decides to take a back seat, she focuses on building her mental walls once more, the previous pin pricking at them was gone now it feels as if a sledge hammer pounded against them. In conclusion the feeling isn't pleasant.

"Because of people like him!" Fury points at Thor but side eyes Kara as well, though Kara doesn't see the gesture but Tony does, his already rigid stance , gets even more so, his teeth grinding against each other that fury considers Kara a threat that they needed a nuclear deterrent.

"Me?!" Thor asks incredulously

"Your people come to our planet and they threaten war—Fury laughs dryly "And Loki wants peace? In 2011 your brotherly squabble destroyed a town.. we are hopelessly and hilariously outgunned—"