Meta-Humans?

Midtown- New York

Kara drops to the ground with the last victim, she looks to the burning building, the fire wasn't natural , she knew that, she couldn't smell any accelerants either.

"Thank you supergirl." Kara blinked at the girl in her arms and offers a smile.

"Glad to help. Now you'll need to get checked out by the EMT's." She gestured with her head. Once the girl leaves she walks over to the captain of the fire department.

"Hey Lance, I couldn't smell any accelerants." She tells the man as his men starts to put out the fire.

"None?" He asked with a frown

Kara shook her head "No, usually fires like this there's either a gas line that exploded or an electrical fire but  after getting everyone out I couldn't find the cause." She paused "It could be an enhanced we don't know about."

The man drones "If they're starting fires like this it could be dangerous , no it definitely is. I'll try and get the captain of the NYPD to get you in on the investigation."

"Good luck, that man hates my guts, think I should go back to my destroyed planet or get lost in space." She snorted with a dry laugh.

"Hey, you're as American as I am." Lance comforted "but with kick ass powers "

Kara chuckled shaking her head "Thanks, but going public meant I was prepared for the backlash of some people." She paused before looking around the scene, she swore she saw something in the corner of her eye "But let me know what I can do to help. Captain, as always stay safe okay." She said floating into the air.

When the captain waved "Thanks supergirl and same to you, don't let those pricks get you down kid."

Kara's eyes lit up with a grin, she saluted the man before flying in the direction of the shadowed figure she saw. When she reached the spot the figure seemed to completely have disappeared . A frown formed on her face, after searching the entire block she decides to call it a night.

As she flies back to her penthouse she remembers watching the news of an particle accelerator  explosion happening though central city.

"It's probably nothing to worry about Kara." She mumbles to herself as she lands on her balcony. Cracking her neck slightly she says the passphrase as her suit recedes back into her necklace. Her feet meets the cold floor and she sighs.

"I really need to work on that."

••••••••••

The next morning before Kara leaves to her actual job she gets a call from the NYPD to get to the precinct. A sigh leaves her lips, she knew Capt. Lance would get the police involved given the nature of the fire but she didn't think they'd call on her so soon.

Deciding to forgo leaving in her suit,she hopped into her Audi R8 and drives to the precinct in her work clothes , a benefit she would think of revealing herself, though the tedious paparazzi did get annoying at times.

When she pulled up to the grey facebrick building, she spies the numerous patrol cars outside before her eyes fall to the state of the building, a frown makes its way onto her face. She would've thought the mayor would contribute to cleaning the city up starting with its police stations, but from the looks of it and the dried graffiti on the walls, like most cities the departments are underfunded. She made a mental reminder to have her assistant make anonymous donation to the The NYPD and the FDNY.

She makes it to the reception desk where there's a man who looks dead on his feet manning it "good morning, I have an appointment with captain Cavanagh?"