I love you

You know there's a feeling, it's starts with a tiny little bud before it blooms into something beautiful, now this could be a good thing or it could be a very bad thing.

Love, companionship two things she could tell you she had plenty of . Her adoptive parents loved her , gave her everything she needed and more, her adoptive, physically older brother spared no effort on doting on her. She was his supergirl, he'd protect and love her from everything if she gave him the opportunity too.

Now she had love, and companionship in the forms of her family and few friends she had made over the years. When it came to romance, ah that was the problem.

She never truly fell in love with someone before. She never had the butterflies fluttering in her chest or stomach before. She thought that was just love sick people made up. But when she met a certain red head , safe to say she became one of those love sick people. But it didn't happen quickly, no not at all.

But it did take six months and she was already contemplating on moving everything to Washington and asking Natasha to move in. That would have been a monumentally bad idea. So she waited six months became another six months and soon a year passed with the couple flying out to meet each other, spending time together and for an entire two years since their relationship began they hadn't had any sex.

Surprising? Yes

Was it intentional?

Fuck no!

It wasn't , Kara craved nothing more than get her girlfriend naked and explore every inch of the Russian but whenever they'd get even remotely close, her spy girlfriend was called in for a mission. She had vague belief that Nicholas Fury had something against her and was now using her girlfriends job to get back at her.Far fetched? Maybe but she her was she sexually frustrated!

Today was one of those times. Thing is Natasha should have been off for an entire week and yet she received a call for an emergency mission.

"Why ?" Kara whined petulantly as the lingerie clad Russian started getting covering up her wonderful assets

"It's the job baby." Natasha replied with a regretful look "And I know you've been more than patient."

"Two years." Kara said dryly

Natasha sighed threading her fingers through her red locks "Yeah, two years."

"Today. It's our anniversary, you shouldn't need to jet off to where ever the hell you're supposed to on our anniversary, it's like the number one rule of relationships!" Kara tried convincing the woman, she grabbed hold of Natasha's hips and brought her closer "stay , stay with me and we'll make love .. and I'll bring you to stars ..over and over again." She whispered seductively.

Natasha would lie, she could lie and say she wasn't at all tempted by the dark glint of lust burning in her girlfriends eyes. She pecked her lips sweetly "I want nothing more baby. I swear .. but."

Kara sighed wearily "But Work." Kara finished with a frown.

Natasha closed her eyes , she didn't like this. She knew from Clint that maintaining a relationship while working for shield was difficult, even he had trouble and he and his wife had been married for years. But she couldn't not try, over the years , two years they've been together she's been more happier than she ever thought she would be. Kara brought with her the sun and shined its bright rays over her gloomy life. "You knew this would be difficult, being with me.. us being together wasn't going to be a walk in the park Kara."

Kara scoffed and stood to her feet, she didn't want to admit it be she was angry, angry at shield, angry at fury , angry at the whichever bastard made this mission necessary. "I know that." She shook her head and glanced at the untouched table she had made. It was romantic or supposed to be at least. Though when Natasha arrived she immediately jumped her bones and things got heated before she could even show the woman what she had prepared. Now their second year anniversary would be ruined. "I don't even know why I bother." Okay maybe she should've phrased it differently because when she looked at the redhead, she saw her face fall, eyes glossing over and Kara immediately regretted the words leaving her mouth but she before she could try and soothe it over Natasha sped through getting dressed and grabbing her things.