I think its called survivors guilt

Kara sees the missile approaching her, she flies directly beneath it and grabs hold, digging her fingers into the metal around it with a grunt "This seems cooler in comic books"

"Kara what are you doing?!" Tony screeched in her ear

"Don't be an idiot Tony, you know exactly what I'm doing," she says as she guides the missile away from its intended target which is Times Square, banking left she flies toward the portal.

"No! No you're not doing what I think you're doing! That's a one way trip!"

Kara smiles "Yeah, yeah it is." She pauses "Remember when I was twelve and you thought it was cool to test my powers, you said I could lift a ton? And I told you I wasn't sure I could?"

"What about it?" Tony asks jaw clenched

Kara chuckles softly "You were right, you always believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself and if I don't say it as much as I should've , I'm glad I got thrown off course and landed in your backyard. You're the greatest big brother a girl could ask for." She addresses Natasha as she closes in on the portal "Get that scepter ready to close the portal Red."

"I'm ready are you?" Natasha shoots back immediately

Kara smiles she closes her eyes momentarily and sees her parents faces , both sets. "uh huh, might need a rain check on that date."

"Come back and that maybe is a definite." Natasha tries

Kara laughs softly "Right, well let's hope to Rao I get that date, I'm partial to picnics but you know whatever works."

The closer Kara gets to the portal the faster her heart beats, she hears Tony muttering to himself and get ready to do it himself but she doesn't give him the chance, she digs her fingers deeper and rocks back before shooting forward faster than she's ever flown before, the result is obvious, she leaves a resounding boom in her wake, sending her brother and Thor back.

The other side of the portal is as she expected, but her eyes still widens in surprise, the army is far larger than they initially believed. "Rao" she leans back loosening the grip she has on the missile before launching it directly at what she belivies is the mother ship.

•••••

On the other side of the portal, the moment Kara burst forth breaking the sound barrier, Tony stopped fighting as he was knocked back by the aftermath. He stares at the portal his sister disappeared into , he thinks its seconds but minutes passes when he hears Steve's voice over the comms

"Close it down Natasha."

"No! Not yet! She's not back yet!" Tony argues loudly as and angrily.

"It's been five minutes Tony we can't any longer" he says to Tony "Close it nat."

Stark tower

"Come on.. Kara" when she doesn't see any sign of the blonde hero, she closes her eyes, it burns with the welling of tears..

"Close it Natasha." She reluctantly shoved the scepter into the hole and blasts its, she doesn't , she can't watch the portal close and the woman she has feelings for is left on the other side..

"No no no no!" Tony's voice echoes in her comm and she wants to take it out because his voice cracks with overwhelming emotion..

••••

Other side of the portal.

Kara watches the missile land on the mother ship and explodes of impact sending a ripple through the rest, she blinks but the air is pretty thin to non existent in space and it takes everything she has to left in her reserves to turn around and leave.