She's shines brighter than I could ever have hoped

The press conference tired her out. Tony hired bodyguards to keep the camera crews away.
It continued for two hours with her answering questions on her intentions or whether she hoped to continue living on earth, something she truly hoped would happen without anyone trying to impede her.

The rest of the questions were surrounding her abilities, while she gave a brief run down, not entirely explaining in depth what she was capable of but just enough to ease the enquiries.

Then questions came about whether she would continue being a superhero. The question made her pause for a moment before she crafted her answer

"For years the NYPD and other public authorities have been doing their job without a hero, or without someone with powers.

Just because I have these powers doesn't give me the right to exercise justice when there capable men and women doing the job already. If at a time they need me I'll be there but to answer your question no, I'll not be prowling the city like a vigilante handing out justice to those committing crimes. Should there be a threat the necessary authorities are not able to contain I'll try my best to be of service but my goal is to continue my work at Stark Corp as usual as possible."

The answer seemed to calm down the suits in the crowd and she spotted the detective she coordinated with in ten battle of New York.

The rest of the questions were about the rest of the avengers and whether they would be forthright about their identities as well

. "I'm not sure. It's not my place to reveal who they are publicly. If they wish to do so by all means. Though I can say the guy flying around a in a tin can is my dear brother Tony stark." She grins a little at the scoff behind her "Sorry his highly capable metal alloy suit." She rectified sarcastically. "But yes I won't be giving their names. The reason I've done this is because I believed that the public deserved the truth from me, and know that earth has become my home and I'll defend it against any god or any other aliens trying to invade it."

That was three hours ago, now she sits on her sofa with a pizza on her lap and eats it while every available channel plays her press conference and debates about it.

"Hey it's simple alright. Yes Kara Stark or Kara Zor-El told us she's an alien but it seems to me that she's on our side, it's the same with humans there are good guys and bad guys." The guy shrugs "She saved my daughter from being crushed under a concrete pillar she's got my vote. You go supergirl!" He whooped.

Kara snickers a bit "Thanks eddy."

"Supergirl or Kara Stark has publicly come out and said she's not from earth and has been keeping her identity a secret for twenty two years, she's contributed to advancing the worlds medical science. Whether she saved the day as supergirl or Kara Stark the global consensus seems to be that she's been fighting for humanity since her arrival so why shouldn't she stay?"

The lift dings announcing a visitor "Looks like the publics on your side sis." Kara doesn't take her eyes off the TV

Kara shrugs a little "There are still people hating on me Tony. It's not all positive."

Tony scoffs "Well you can't win them all kid. After everything that happened this is the best we can hope for." He says stealing a slice of her four seasons pizza

"Hey!" She mutters hiding the rest away "Get your own comfort food you jerk."

Tony rolls his eyes "Calm down tinker bell, 75% of the world is on your side the other 25 % are made of bigots and cruel people.This is good." He reassures and then smirks "And its even better since you saved the presidents daughter." He laughs "did you even know that you did?"