Mystery lover

Kara's penthouse -New York

For the first time in a week the blonde found herself listlessly sitting on her couch with two boxes of pizza and potstickers in front of her. Since the whole pyro debacle was over and done with she decided to take a little break. Between running her company and working alongside the NYPD for a week she hadn't had any down time. Theoretically she didn't need rest but having time for her brain to decompress was something she needed.

So a day after the events here she was in her lazy clothes, a tank top and a pair of loose joggers watching some show about pigs.

She snorted before changing the channel, as expected their she was in all her glory on the news facing off her latest capture.

She smiled a little when Cavanagh spoke to the reporters, his face still set into a permanent scowl. But his words clearly contradicted his expression.

"We couldn't have caught this man without the help of our city's superhero. She worked with us from the start to finish and in the end we manage to catch our perp without any casualties, that is the most important thing. So yes myself and those at the NYPD are grateful that we've got such a good kid on our side and New York feels safer for it."

Kara blushed she didn't expect the gruff man to say something like that. Sure they got along but publicly supporting her was something entirely different. She felt accepted. A beaming smile made its way onto her face.

"Thanks captain."

•••••••

While Kara was experiencing the highs of ten job Natasha wasn't feeling the highs of her job at the moment. She walked through a mall in DC with Steve at her side.

"The first rule of being on the run, don't run." She said to the man who tried power walking through the crowds, they would definitely pull attention to them if he acted like he was running from the government, which they were but that wasn't the point.

"Don't think I can do much running in these shoes, goodness they're uncomfortable."Steve grumbled slowing his walk. "Where are we going?"

Natasha steered Steve to the Mac store "Here." She said walking into the store ignoring Steve's skeptical gaze.

Natasha made her way to the closest laptop "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are"

Steve glances around the store "How much time do we have?"

Natasha keeps her eyes on the screen "about nine minutes from now." She said popping the drive onto the MacBook Pro"Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands"

"Can you override it?" Steve asked impatiently

Natasha scoffed, she has a super genius for a girlfriend who taught her the ins and outs of hacking and decrypting for the fun of it, with her own intellect and ability to absorb things like a sponge it worked scarily well to say the least. "I'm relatively close with a super genius , this AI has nothing on them. So yes.. I can."

Steve furrowed his brows "Tony?"

Natasha smirked but didn't say anything, instead her fingers move faster as she works to decrypting the information. When a store employee walks over to them.

"Can I help you with anything?" He offers politely

Natasha blinks and turns to the boy "Oh no my fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." She lied , the lie tasted bitter on her tongue and she could almost hear Kara's snort.