22

Adrianna pov

I run out of the basement, not daring to look back at Gio, knowing there's a possibility that he doesn't love me.

I walk into the kitchen finding it empty. I speak through the kitchen intercom, asking everyone to meet in the lounge room. Before I meet everyone there myself, I go upstairs into Ciana's room to check on her and Eli.

I can't believe they're dating. Knox obviously doesn't like it, but I don't think he understands how 6 year olds and their relationships work.

I walk into her overly decorated room and find her sitting with Eli, getting ready for bed. Her back is towards me, and I'm about to leave the room when I hear a little sniffle. I don't usually intrude in peoples business, but she's my six year old daughter, so I hide behind one of her human sized teddies and listen.

"It's scary when he's in my dreams E. He always does that creepy smile and then takes me before I can yell for help."

I freeze. Is she talking about Adonis? Why wouldn't I have a doctor check all of her?! What was I thinking? My hands start shaking in rage. If he touched her...

"Hey it's okay Ci. He won't hurt you anymore, you saw what your mum did! He's long gone by now and nobody can hurt us anymore." He says confidently as he hugs her.

She snuggles into his side and more tears stream out of her eyes. "Do you ever dream about him?"

Eli shakes his head softly. "I don't dream anymore."

My heart breaks into two. Shitty mum of a lifetime award goes to......

Anastasia!!!

and in second place.....

me!!!

If you guessed right then ding, ding, ding!

I creep out of Ci's room, feeling a little guilty that I listened in on her conversation but I'm glad I did. It made me snap back into reality. I need to pick my shit up and be there for everyone. I need to stop worrying about the things I've done and be the sister, daughter and mother I need to be.

I hurry downstairs finding everyone, including the extended family who I've been trying to avoid sitting in the living room. When they hear me approaching, their heads turn to look at me.

Not fucking awkward at all.

I clear my throat and take a seat between Adrien and Andrew. "I just wanted everyone here so I could apologise to you all for my recent behaviour. I've been very selfish, not thinking of everyone else in this house and for that I'm sorry. I also apologise for my temper, I will try to work on that. I will also not be sharing my experiences with you yet, one because I'm not ready, and two because whenever I share my past, someone usually storms off mad, (that someone is usually me). Okay, thanks for listening."

As soon as I finish my apology I attempt to stand up and leave the room, but both my brothers grab an elbow and each and silently ask me to sit back down.

I sigh and plop back on the couch.

Gio stands up and approaches me, showing nothing in his eyes. He drops on his knees infront of me, holds my hands and says five words that make my heart melt.

"I love you too Ad."

Adrien, being Adrien, accidentally ruins the moment. "Uh Gio, you usually say 'I love you too' when the other person says I love you first. Did you hit your head?" He asks, looking genuinely concerned.

Gio rolls his eyes, not bothering to give my brother an answer and resumes his seat on the couch.

Next to stand is mum, and the nerves instantly kick in. I've been such a shitty daughter, if she's mad at me, I wouldn't blame her.