15

Adrianna pov

It's been the longest minute of my life.

I stare at the body sitting on the bed, waiting for it to move, but there's nothing.

Soon, another 10 seconds pass.

"What the fuck did you do?" Someone asks but I can't tell who.

I'm not paying attention.

Then I realise she's still on life support.

I scoff. The drug needs to work by itself. It can overpower the users body if they have other things connected to them. Such as life support.

I turn the switch off the wall casually, which makes a lot of people start screaming at me but I ignore them.

5 seconds pass, and the heart monitor starts to slowly beep again.

I keep my face blank but a slight wave of relief passes through me.

Dad lunges towards the side of the bed, holding mums hand in his.

I leave the room, not wanting to witness the sentimental shit. It makes me sick.

I go back to the living room to find an awake Ciana and Elijah speaking to each other. When she sees me her eyes widen.

"Mummy, you're covered in tomato sauce. What the hell were you doing? And what are you wearing?" She asks giggling.

I frown and look at my clothes. I'm still in the guards uniform that's soaked in my blood. I didn't even realise.

There are two holes in the material where I was shot, which are now stitched. I also look at my shoulder and see the same thing.

"I'm trying halloween costumes!" I say giving a small smile.

I slowly allow my sanity to return to myself.

"But halloween is 5 months away mummy! And if you're trying on costumes does that mean daddy is too? Are you guys going to match and wear sexy costumes?" She asks grinning.

I cough. What did she say?

"I-"

"Yes we are princess." A voice from behind me says.

I turn around and I see him. Knox. The father to my daughter. The man who could easily take my heart. My best friend.

I run into his arms and hug him tightly. He wraps his arms around my back and holds me. I close my eyes, enjoying the moment. I hate to admit it, but yes, I did miss him.

"You guys could go as sexy police officers. Or sexy nurse and doctor!" I gape at Ciana.

She's been in this house for a few hours and Xavier is already telling her things.

"Uncle Xavy says I should go as a sexy bunny and Elijah should go as a sexy wolf because wolves chase bunnies."

I stare at them wild eyed, unable to find words.