18

Gio pov

Mum is alive.

She's breathing. She's walking. She's smiling. She's even cooking again!

All because of Adrianna.

Andrew feels awful about getting the drugs mixed up, and I can tell guilt is slowly eating at him, but he needs to know it's not his fault.

She was close to death anyway and he was trying to help her. That's what matters.

I went into Adrianna's room to thank her, but I found it empty so I looked in the living room and kitchen, but she isn't anywhere.

I see Knox walking towards the basement, so I hang back and watch him unlock it before going down. He doesn't seem to be sneaking down there, but Adrianna could obviously be down there.

I don't know how I forgot. Anastasia and Adonis have been tied up down there ever since they were brought here. I've been distracted lately.

Mum got really sick, and stress was starting to take a toll on me. My younger brothers came home without Adrianna 6 months ago, which also didn't help.

And then she shows up with three bullet holes, two children and two other men as well as Anastasia and Adonis' bodies in the trunk.

It has been a lot for my mind to wrap around.

And then Adrianna shows up to the house, whips out some random drugs and happens to somehow cure mum from cancer!

How is that even scientifically possible? She had terminal cancer. Her death was inevitable, and yet Adrianna beat it.

She always seems to be beating death, as if she knows what game it's playing.

I follow Knox down the basement stairs, and he stops in front of the cell that holds the two bodies.

He stares into the cell wide eyed.

I walk up beside him and I see the scene for myself.

Adrianna never fails to surprise.

Anastasia is covered in blood, missing two eyes, and has precise slashes across her stomach while Adonis currently has a dick shoved into his mouth.

I cringe at the sight. I feel my pants just making sure I still have my guy down there.

Adrianna hasn't seen us yet, since her back is towards us but she starts clapping and giggling.

I roll my eyes. "Adrianna."

She whips around and smiles when she sees us. She has a wild look in her eyes, but I know that she's different when she tortures people.

Andrew has told me about it. Ivan taught her to seperate her mind from her physical form, making her not feel pain or emotions. It also helps her turn off her sanity so she doesn't feel anything at all. No remorse or mercy.

It's brilliant, but I sometimes worry that she might use this technique for emotional stress or her mental health.

"Hey guys!"