13

Roberto Pov

After Diego told me that Adrianna was high I went into my office to get a drug to insert her with that will flush her system of any drugs. Marco invented it for our mafia and it's become very handy when I find one of my sons high.

When I return to the living room I find Xavier and Adrianna in fighting stances, staring at each other. Xavier looks puffed out but Adrianna doesn't. No, she looks like she could kill Xavier.

"What the fuck is going on here?!"

Adrianna looks towards me and giggles.

"Something funny Adrianna?"

She tilts her head and stares at me with such coldness I don't recognise her.

"Nothing of your concern."

She returns her gaze to Xavier, as if she's about to pounce on him. Gio realises this too and he goes to hold her back. She starts thrashing in Gio's arms but she knows she won't be getting out of his grip.

She goes still and just stares at Xavier. What is going through her head right now?

She is meant to have her first day at school tomorrow but maybe we should wait an extra day. I walk towards her and inject the drug into her neck. A few minutes later her eyes look like they're back to normal and she doesn't seem to be as aggressive.

She shoves Gio away from her and sits on the couch, with her feet on the coffee table and her hands behind her head. The only thing that is confusing me is that she doesn't look relaxed. She's staring at the ceiling and her body is really tense.

Adrianna Pov

After bio dad stuck some needle in my neck I haven't been feeling the affect of the weed. I need it. My mind runs dangerous without it as a distraction.

When Roberto stuck that needle in my neck, the Russians took over my mind, reminding me of the experiments they did on me. All the needles and chords and machines I'd be surrounded by.

As I'm sitting on the couch I think of everything Xavier said to me. I am a mistake. I am a liar. I am a disgrace.

Worthless
Whore
Burden
Useless
Slag
Waste of space
Problem
Annoying
Loser

I am everything I don't want to be.

I get off the couch and walk to my room, ignoring everyone. I have school tomorrow after all. I'll be okay. Just stay away from everyone and I'll be fine. I'll get ready in my room and skip breakfast and drive to school myself, that way I can't be a burden.

I take a sleeping pill and go to bed. I no longer need to take any pain medication due to my knees and ribs healing enough.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

***

I wake up at 3:30am for my morning run. It's  a bit chilly so I chuck a jumper on over my
white sports bra and step into some black trackies.

I stopped running when it got to 5am and I bolted up to my room to have a shower. I turn the hot on all the way for the feeling of relief.

After I shower I change into a plain black shirt and pants with a hat. I chuck and black and green leather man jacket over the top and I start packing my bag.