When we reached the floor where Maya's room was, instead of putting her down like how she must've expected me to, I just kept walking towards her room. From the way she looked up at me, it was obvious she also thought that I'd put her down. But no, I'd safely put her down on her bed only.

Hana who was following behind us just like Maya's two friends and Enzo, came in front to open the door as we reached Maya's room. I stepped inside as the door got opened with Maya tightly secured in my arms.

As I had said, I moved straight towards her bed and then reluctantly dropped her on the bed. From my peripheral vision, I saw both of her friends sitting on either side of her on the bed.

Instead of laying down she started to sit. "What happened?" I asked and her movements halted. "Um I need to shower." She simply replied. "You can do that later. You just got home. Rest for a while first." I said back.

Looking away she bit down on her bottom lip as if contemplating about what I just said. "But I don't feel that much lethargic anymore." She then said. "I just need a quick shower and after that all I'm supposed to do is rest anyway." She shrugged afterwards.

"You sure you can handle a shower right now?" Her friend Bianca asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. And it won't be that long anyway." She assured her.

"Alright then. Besides, we're here, if you need any help just call us." Said her other friend Amanda to which Maya nodded her head with a slight smile.

Maya got up from her bed as she looked at me briefly and then went straight towards the washroom.

***
I was in my office room, waiting for an important call. After leaving Maya in her room with her friends, I called one of my men to get information about the accident. Everyone knew it was him, the letter that one of my men had found after the accident although didn't have a name on it, but it was so obvious as to who it was. Fucking Dino Ivanov!

I had decided that once I was out of the hospital, when Maya was all fine and safely back home, I'd deal with him. It was high time now. He had been on my back for years, but what he did this time was the last blow.

Fucking Russian Mafia! I gritted my teeths as my mind drifted back to 10 years ago, that time, the time of my life I wished hadn't happened.

I didn't realise when my knuckles turned white because of how hard I was gripping the table. Every time I thought back to that day, I couldn't stop the anger igniting from within me.

I was 20. My father was still the mafiosa capo at that time. Though it had been decided from the beginning that I'd become the next mafiosa capo after padre would back down, I still had some more years until I finally took over. My mother, she had always been against the thought of me being involved in mafia. She was madly in love with padre, but she had always been evident about not liking what padre did. But pdare had responsibilities as a mafiosa capo that he just couldn't give up, so mother had to deal with it. Also, padre had never made her feel unloved or had never compromised his love towards his wife and kids.

He had been managing his Mafia duties and family just fine. But then everything changed on that wretched day....

I lost my mother. I lost my strength. I lost the most dearest person I had in my life. I lost my light. And that same day I lost my sanity. I lost any ounce of emotion, feelings and I became what I was now. A cold-hearted bastard.