"Island grill" she tells me, I glance at the phone and she looks half asleep.

"You take medicine?"
She nods sleepily.

"Amaya gave them to me, they're supposed to make me sleepy" she yawns.

I don't say anything more, after a little while of driving I turn into the drive-thru for the second time today. I'm about to ask her what she wants when I heat her soft snores through the speaker.

Proceeding to order I choose for her.

Driving three times the speed limit home I make a normally 15 minutes drive, 8.

"Tai?" I call for her going up the stairs.
When I open the bedroom door I find her curled up in the bed with the AC on.

I approach her side of the bed and her eyes flutter open slightly. "How you feel baby?" I ask her

I lean down to kiss her face when I notice how warm she feels. "You have fever mami?"

She nods
"I think I have the flu" she tells me, her voice is small and stuffy.

"You did feel like this this morning?" I ask her and she shakes her head

"No, right before I called you I just started feeling sick, I had thrown up in my office" she tells me and I sigh

"Mi go change and bring the food fi you" I tell her and she nods turning over in the bed.

I quickly shower and change my clothes before bringing the food to her.

When I enter the room she sits up in bed, "You ago drink this first" I take out the soup, her face falls and she starts pouting.

"No badda wid it" I warn and she rolls her eyes,
"Mi appreciate you for this but mi nuh like soup babe" she whines .

More while mi caah badda wid har eno

"Mi know but you sick T" I say in a frustrated tone.
"And you know seh you fi drink it so don't make me tell you again" I add when she looks away from me in defiance.

She's still pouting when I take out the spoon, "Open you mouth" I command and she hesitates.

"Tai-" I start in a stern tone and she pouts before doing what I asked.

As I continue to feed her the soup she stops being as defiant. For a moment we make eye contact and she looks away swallowing the yam while blushing.

I shake my head amused by the fact that I have that effect on her.

"Mi done" she says trying to push my hand away.

I hiss

"A just three more spoon b bill nuh" my voice is harsher than intended, but she a be extra now.

I get that she doesn't like soup but she's sick and according to every Jamaican mother ever a this she fi deh drink.

She groans before taking the spoon in her mouth again.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I reach for it, I'm about to decline when I see the caller I.D.

"Yow me actually kinda busy enuh elder" I say to my father who is on the other line.

"Busy wid wah? How you fi lef before the meeting badman?!" He says in a angry tone

"Mi have a emergency, Sanchez dem di deh fi fill in fimmie so me nuh see why ya call dung man phone" I respond in the same tone.

He hisses loudly before sighing.
"Treyvon, this a wah important deal. You shoulda deh here" he tells me

"Mi know dat but me have other priority right, when me come in tomorrow mi dealid dat or just have them reschedule. Any fucking one but mi caah lef right now" I tell him