Chapter 110

Bear-san Goes Out With The Sisters

Author’s note:

Before Yuna does the escort mission, she goes to Mireera to retrieve various things.

The day after I went to the capital, I went to the orphanage in order to find Fina.

Fina and Shuri normally went to the orphanage early in the morning, with Tirumina-san. They then did all sorts of things depending on what day it was, like help taking care of the eggs and going to the shop.

The children were collecting eggs when I arrived at the chicken coop.

They were rinsing the gathered eggs with water, putting them in the egg cases I had created using earth magic, and carrying them over to a table. Fina and Tirumina-san were counting the eggs at the table.

"Good morning, everyone!"

"Big Sis Bear, good morning!"

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Big Sis."

They all answered me vigorously when I greeted them.

It seemed that they were growing up to be good children.

I was sure that was thanks to Headmistress and Liz.

The children were all doing tasks they were capable of doing. They were also given new tasks after Headmistress and Liz saw what they were capable of.

The children, who had lost their parents or were simply abandoned, had thought that no one wanted them, but now they were full of life and working. This really was the results of the Headmistress and Liz’s efforts.

As I was thinking that, Liz arrived.

"Good morning, Yuna-san."

"Good morning, Liz-san. Are the children behaving?"

"They’re all good children, so there’s no problem. They all know what they have to do if they want to fill their bellies, after all."

Liz was definitely the one who had taught them that.

"Please tell me if you lack hands or need anything, okay?"

"There’s no need for that. Thanks to Yuna-chan, the children and I are really happy. If we were to ask for more, we would receive divine punishment."

Liz-san was smiling, as if to prove her happiness.

"Don’t say that. Also, properly tell me if you need anything! It would be terrible if something happened to the Headmistress or you, after all."

That wasn’t an exaggeration. The thought of the two of them not being here anymore scared me. If I didn’t tell them that firmly enough, I could see them pushing themselves.

I forcefully conveyed my feelings to Liz-san, then headed to Tirumina-san. Fina and Shuri were by her side, helping her.

"Yuna-chan, what happened? For you to come to the orphanage this early…"

Normally, the most I did in the mornings was going to the shop to eat my breakfast, and then sometimes going to the orphanage.

"I wanted to borrow Fina for something."

"Me?"

Fina, who was counting the eggs and taking notes next to Tirumina-san, was surprised.

"I wanted to go somewhere, but it would be lonely if I went by myself, so I was thinking of inviting you."

"Going somewhere?"

"So, I came here to get Tirumina-san’s permission to borrow Fina."

"Fufu, that’s okay, of course. When you are asking, Yuna-chan, I am always willing to lend her to you."