Chapter 47

Bear-san Announces the Trip to the Royal Capital

Maybe because it was early afternoon, there weren’t many people in the Commerce Guild.

When I went to the reception desk, Mylene-san, who seemed available, was there.

"Yuna-san, what is the matter?"

"I’ll be going to the royal capital for a while, so I came to report it. So, I’ll be counting on Tirumina-san for the matter regarding the eggs, okay?"

Though I said that, almost all of the matters regarding the eggs had already been left to Tirumina-san.

I was only consulted about the price every once in awhile.

"You plan on going to the Royal Capital?"

"It’s a little bit of escort work."

"How long do you plan on staying at the Royal Capital?"

"I also want to see the King’s birthday commemoration that will be going on, so I was thinking of staying until it is finished."

"Is that so? In that case, since you’re going to the Royal Capital, I’ll be looking forward to some souvenirs, okay?"

"That’s fine, but is there something you want?"

"I’ll leave it to you to decide."

"That’s the most troublesome answer, you know? Ahh, that’s right. It’s not a souvenir, but I’ll give this to you."

I took a pudding out of the Bear Box.

"What is this?"

"It’s a delicacy called pudding, made from Clucker eggs. Make sure you put it in a refrigerator, then you can eat it during your break. Also, please tell me your impression when I return, okay?"

"Thank you very much. I’ll take up your offer and eat it later. It’s not to thank you or anything, but please take this."

Mylene-san wrote something on a piece of paper, sealed it in an envelope, and handed it to me.

"What’s this?"

"My letter of introduction. If you run into some trouble at the Commerce Guild in the Royal Capital, please hand this over to the [Commerce Guild] there. I think they’ll be a bit more accommodating after that."

"Thank you."

I gratefully accepted her letter of introduction.

I did have plans to go to the Commerce Guild there.

"Please don’t forget about the pudding, and eat it while it’s still cold, okay?"

I warned her about how to eat the pudding and exited the Commerce Guild.

The three places I needed to go to after this were Fina’s house, the Adventurer’s Guild, and the orphanage.

I decided to go to the Adventurer’s Guild first.

The adventurers who had finished their requests were returning, but it looked like I had arrived just before it got crowded.

"Ah, Yuna-san."

"I would like you to take care of this, if possible."

I handed over the letter Cliff had entrusted to me.

Helen scanned over the letter she had received.

"This is a designated request from Cliff Foschuroze-sama, I see. To escort someone to the Royal Capital, is it? I’ll handle the necessary processing, so if I could see your guild card, please."