Chapter 53

Together with Kuma-san!

"Did you come to help us?"

When I turned and looked behind me, there was an elderly man and a small girl there.

They weren’t wearing the type of clothing that commoners would wear.

If I had to say, it was closer to the type of clothes Noa wore.

…Which meant they were nobles? Or the kind of people with lots of money.

"If you’re talking about the orcs, though that may be the case-"

"Is that so? It would be bad if we didn’t express our gratitude as well. We are Gran Faren Gramm. We thank you, together with our granddaughter."

"I’m an adventurer, Yuna. I only saved you because I was passing by chance, so don’t worry about it."

"Still, aren’t you dressed in some strange clothing?"

"Don’t mind it."

"However, you sure took down those orcs quite easily. Isn’t that the missus from Cliff’s place over there?"

The old man who introduced himself as Gran looked over at Noa.

"Gran-sama, it has been a long time. It is I, Noire."

Noa gave an aristocratic curtsy and greeting.

She called him Gran-sama. As expected, they were aristocrats.

"I see, it was Noire after all. Has it been a year since we last met? You’ve sure grown up. Is Cliff not with you?"

"Father is busy with work, so he is still in town. I was told to go to the Royal Capital by myself to see mother first."

"You came out here all by yourself?"

"Yes, but my bodyguard Yuna-san is here, so I am alright."

Gran-san looked me over.

"That fellow Cliff seems to have caught a strangely dressed, but competent adventurer."

I wish you would stop calling me strange over and over.

"Misa, long time no see."

Noa approached the girl standing beside Gran-san.

She was a few years younger than even Noa.

"Elder Sister Noire, it has been a while."

"Misa is also going to the Royal Capital?"

"Yes, Father and Mother went to the Royal Capital earlier, so I am heading there with Grandfather."

"I see."

"I’m sorry for interrupting your conversation, but there are some post-battle things I want to talk about."

Marina came over.

"If we leave the orc corpses like this, it’s likely that their companions, or other monsters attracted by the bodies, will come. I want to process the orcs, but what should we do?"

"Process them?"

"I want to divide up our share. Though you were the one who defeated them, you defeated them with a surprise attack from behind while we were engaging them. That’s why we also want a part."

Ah, so you were worried about that.

"That’s fine. I’ll give them all to you. You can deal with them however you want."

"Are you serious?! It’s six orc bodies, you know!"

If it was orcs, I had a lot in the Bear Box, so it wasn’t necessary to forcibly acquire more here.