Chapter 184

Gerardo’s Scheme, Gerardo’s Perspective

I received an invitation to Gran’s party.

Huhu, he still hadn’t given up even now.

I had already bent the Commerce Guild and several influential people to my will.

It was too late for him now, even with the party.

Still, I should be careful.

I had heard a rumor that his chef was the assistant head chef of a famous restaurant in the capital.

That just wouldn’t do. Should I get rid of the chef?

I laughed just imagining Gran panicking because he wouldn’t be able to serve food at his party.

I immediately called for Blood and instructed him to, if an opportunity presented itself, make it so that Gran’s chef could no longer cook.

"Shall I kill him instead?"

"If you did, Gran would use that as an excuse to stop the party. Just hurt the chef’s hands or something, so he won’t be able to cook anymore. Also, do it right before the party. That way, Gran won’t have enough time to get a new chef."

"Understood."

Blood responded and stepped back into the shadows.

He was a C rank adventurer I had found fighting with a fellow adventurer at the capital.

Even though his opponent had kept apologizing and begging for forgiveness, Blood had kept hitting him.

When I had looked into it, I had found out that Blood was quite the troublemaker.

He was rather calm normally but lost it when he saw his own blood. He went into a fit of rage, and nobody could stop him. Even though he was strong, nobody wanted to party with him because of that.

I wanted his skills, so I had invited Blood to work for me. He had agreed immediately.

When I had asked him why he had accepted without taking any time to think, he had told me he was sick of being an adventurer and was willing to work for me only until he was bored of it.

Blood was very useful and followed all my instructions perfectly.

His personality was a bit of problem, but his skills were invaluable to me.

Just recently, I had asked him to attack some merchants who didn’t listen to me, and he had done it without anybody noticing him.

If I asked him to capture someone for me, he would do so without complaint.

I was lucky to be able to get such an excellent pawn. When I had no further use for him, I could just get rid of him. Even though he was better than most people, there were still plenty of ways for me to kill him.

Well, he was very useful to me at the moment, so I wouldn’t need to do that anytime soon.

Three days before the party, Blood came back to report to me. He managed to hurt the chef’s hands, so the chef could no longer cook for the party.

The party would be ruined without him; I just couldn’t stop laughing, imagining how Gran would be apologizing to everyone.

Well, he still had three days, so it was possible that he would try asking another chef, but with the time left, he would not be able to ask someone from another town. His only choice was to find someone in our town.

Before he could even start looking, I threatened and bought out all the good chefs.

I didn’t need to do that for all the chefs, of course. If he ended up with a second or a third-rate chef, there would be plenty of ways to ruin his party.