Chapter 159

Bear-san Eats Cake With The Royal Family

Author’s note:

I finally broke the 20,000 bookmarks barrier.

Please continue supporting my work from now on as well.

My plan ended up failing as everybody gathered at the garden.

Also, the number of chairs increased to five without me even noticing.

It must have been Anju-san who had brought it, right? When had she done it, though? She sure acted quickly.

Anyway, the people who had already sat down were: the queen, who was holding Hugging Bear in her hands; the king, who had abandoned his work; and Eleanora-san, whose actions I could never really understand.

"Princess Flora, how about you let go of Swaying Bear for now and sit down with us?"

I said in an attempt to get Swaying Bear back.

"No!"

Princess Flora said and kept hugging Swaying Bear, which looked quite troubled within her arms.

I wanted to save it, but she would cry if I forcibly took it away.

"Princess Flora, I brought some yummy food, so why don’t you have some? You won’t be able to eat it if you keep holding onto Swaying Bear."

"Yummy food?"

"Yeah, it’s really delicious. Also, Swaying Bear is getting tired, so it said it wants to take a break."

I glanced at Swaying Bear to give it a signal, and it let out a small yawn to seem like it was tired.

My Bears were well-known for their acting ability. They had already tricked Noa in the past and also threatened the villains who had come to attack me at the inn in Mireera by pretending to be man-eating bears.

After seeing that Swaying Bear was getting tired, Princess Flora reluctantly let it go.

"I’m sorry, Swaying Bear. I hope we can play again later."

What a kind child.

Swaying Bear didn’t have to act this time and let out a real, happy cry.

Thanks for the good work, Swaying Bear.

I patted its head to reward it for playing with Princess Flora and returned it to its glove before she changed her mind.

Seeing Swaying Bear disappear, Princess Flora appeared to be sad, but stayed seated.

Hmm, maybe I should ask Sherry to make her a plushie version of Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear; Princess Flora would surely be happy if I presented them to her.

I looked over at my other summoned beast, Hugging Bear, which was currently still being held by the queen. She looked like she had no intentions of letting Hugging Bear go, though.

Oh come on, your daughter had given Swaying Bear back properly. Would you please give Hugging Bear back as well? Ignoring my silent glances, the queen continued to pet Hugging Bear while Princess Flora looked at them enviously.

At this rate, they were going to start fighting over Hugging Bear…

I decided to figure out how to get it back later and took out a whole shortcake out of the Bear Box.

"Strawberries!"

Princess Flora’s gaze snapped to the cake. Great, I could avoid the fight with this.