chapter 196

Bear-san Returns to Gran-san’s Mansion

"We need a horse carriage, so go and prepare one!"

When we brought the children back above ground and to the entrance of the mansion, we saw Cliff giving orders.

"You finally came back, huh."

Cliff came over once he noticed us. He looked a bit fatigued.

I helped the two boys off of Hugging Bear and asked Misa to watch over them.

"Cliff, you’re here."

"Yes, I arrived not too long ago."

Cliff answered Eleanora-san then moved his gaze to Misa and eventually to me.

"Yuna, thank you for saving Misana. This will be a great relief to the Faren Gramm family."

"How is Noa doing?"

Fina had woken up before I ran off while Noa hadn’t yet regained consciousness.

"She’s fine. She woke up right after you took off."

Thank god, Noa was fine, too.

If she wasn’t, I might have decided to rampage a bit more.

With this, I now had one less thing to worry about.

"That reminds me, did Gran-san not come along?"

Eleanora-san and I looked around but did not see Gran-san.

We figured that since his granddaughter had been kidnapped, he would have come running. I hoped he wasn’t wandering around this mansion looking for us.

Cliff’s answer was different from what we had expected.

"Because of you, Yuna, Old Man Gran got held up by the townspeople."

"Because of me?"

I didn’t understand what he meant by that. What had I done?

Also, why would Gran-san be held up by the townspeople because of something I had done?

"Yuna, it’s because you ran through the town on top of your bear. You’ve startled everyone you passed by and ended up causing quite a commotion. When Old Man Gran showed up on the streets, the people all barraged him with the news of a bear appearing in town. Some even asked him to put out a request for the soldiers or adventurers to deal with it. So, that’s why Old Man Gran was forced to stay behind and try to calm them down."

"Yes, seeing Yuna-chan ride a bear with that crazed look on her face would surely scare people."

Eleanora-san immediately understood the situation.

Had I really caused such a big commotion?

Did that mean I couldn’t walk around town anymore?

I was in a pinch, then.

As I started to get depressed, Swaying Bear came over and tried to console me.

Actually, it felt like Swaying Bear was trying to apologize to me instead.

"It’s not really your fault."

I said and gently patted its head.

"That’s right. Swaying Bear-chan and Hugging Bear-chan aren’t scary at all."

Misa said and hugged Hugging Bear.

"Anyway, Old Man Gran won’t be joining us for a while."

It wasn’t really our fault. It was the toad man’s family who had decided to kidnap Misa. If they hadn’t done that, I wouldn’t have had to run through town on top of Swaying Bear.