Chapter 181

Bear-san Makes Pudding With The Girls

The girls and I walked into the kitchen, where Zelef-san was in the middle of giving instructions to the maids while also doing some preparations himself. The boxes of ingredients I had taken out earlier were already all scattered around. Well, that most likely couldn’t be helped, as they had to open them to see what was inside.

Botts-san was sitting on a chair very close to Zelef-san, watching him intently.

He seemed to be doing quite fine, not counting his injured hands.

He had seemed full of energy when he had been talking to Zelef-san earlier, even though his livelihood had just so recently been targeted.

"Please place that box into the refrigerated pantry. I will need that box today so bring it closer…"

Zelef-san was so focused on his preparations that I was unable to find a good time to ask if we could borrow some space in the kitchen.

As we stood there wondering how to approach him, Botts-san noticed us.

"Misana-sama? The Bear?"

When Botts-san called out to us, Zelef-san finally looked our way as well.

"Yuna-dono, is something the matter?"

"Zelef-san, would it be okay if we borrow a corner of the kitchen? We promise we won’t get in your way."

"Out of the question." "Yes, no problem."

Botts-san and Zelef-san replied at the same time.

I had asked Zelef-san, but why did Botts-san butt in as well?

"Botts, it’s okay. Yuna-dono, what do you plan on making?"

"These girls are getting bored, so we decided to make some pudding together, and with your permission, we could also make some for the party tomorrow."

"I can’t allow that!" "Oh, that sounds like a good idea."

The two of them answered with differing opinions at the same time again.

"What are you saying, Zelef! This is a very important party for the Faren Gramm family. We can’t serve food made by a bear!"

"Botts, don’t worry. The pudding Yuna-dono makes was also served at His Majesty’s birthday party."

"…You’ve got to be kidding me. This bear made food for a royal party?"

"Yes, and her cooking received much higher praises than my own. Everyone present went crazy over her pudding."

"Zelef, you’re just making fun of me, right?"

"No, I’m not. It’s all true."

Botts-san still didn’t seem convinced.

Well, I hadn’t attended the party, either, and had also found it unbelievable.

"Didn’t you tell me that the bear is an adventurer?"

"Yuna-dono is an excellent adventurer, an excellent merchant, and an excellent chef!"

Could he please not call me excellent over and over again. There were some girls here who would believe him wholeheartedly. Yeah, now the girls were looking at me with sparkling eyes.

I wasn’t an amazing person, you know.

I was just a normal, costume-wearing girl you could find anywhere.

Although I kept telling that to myself, I did realize that costume-wearing girls couldn’t be found that easily.

No wonder Botts-san didn’t believe Zelef-san…