Chapter 158

Bear-san Comes Up With A Scheme, But It Fails

After leaving Gazar-san’s smithy, I was finally able to go to the castle.

Like usual, I was able to enter without even having to show my guild card, which had my castle entry permit on it. It was great being well known, or rather, being a bear. Also, one of the guards ran off when I entered. Yup, the usual treatment.

There was no point in even having the entry permit. The only time I might need to use it would be if I took off the Bear Suit. Still, if I did take it off, it felt like something bad would happen.

As I walked through the castle, the people I passed all greeted me with slight bows.

Normally, if someone were to walk through a castle dressed in a Bear Suit, people would report it, not bow, right? This would be comparable to walking through the Japanese Parliament building while wearing a costume, right?

On my way to Princess Flora’s room, I was approached by one of the women passing by.

"Thank you for making the picture book; the children really enjoy reading it."

Having said that, she bowed and left.

I was wondering why she would approach me, but it was about the picture book, huh. Now that she mentioned it, I had allowed for it to be distributed throughout the castle.

Still, had the fact that I was the one who had made it leaked out?

Hmm, I had told Eleanora-san not to reveal that it was me. Maybe I should complain to her about this?

As I was about to reach Princess Flora’s room, another woman approached me.

"The children are very excited about the next book."

Had my job changed to that of a picture book author?

No, no, I wasn’t a picture book author. I didn’t plan on making another book either.

Eleanora-san would hear about this. She must not spread it any further.

Still, how did people know that I was the author when I didn’t even write down my name?

People not knowing it was me was the very reason I hadn’t written it down.

Well, there was no point in thinking about things I couldn’t understand. I finally got to Princess Flora’s room and knocked on the door. I heard Anju-san’s voice from inside, and soon, the door opened.

"Oh, Yuna-sama, welcome."

"Hello, Anju-san. Is Princess Flora here?"

"Yes, please come in."

As I was about to enter the room to greet her, Princess Flora appeared next to Anju-san.

"Bear-san!"

Princess Flora cried out with a huge smile on her face and hugged me.

"It’s been a while, Princess Flora."

"Yes, it’s been a while, Bear-san."

Flora-sama returned my greeting properly.

Her cuteness made it hard to believe that she was related to the king. Oh, she did look more like the queen, so she would surely become as pretty as her in the future.

"Well then, Yuna-sama. Please enter."

I was about to do so, but then a sudden idea stopped me in my tracks.