Chapter 188

Bear-san Returns To The Mansion After Subjugating The Moles

We managed to exterminate the Big Mole without anyone getting injured.

"Now we don’t have to worry about this place anymore."

According to Marina, there shouldn’t be any more Big Moles appearing.

Big Moles went to places with lots of food and gave birth there.

They gave birth to many moles at once, so the damage got worse the longer people took to subjugate them.

As expected of another world’s biology. The moles here were nothing like the moles from my former world.

We just had to finish off the leftover moles now, but it was about time we called it a day.

The people waiting for us at the mansion might get concerned if we stayed out too late, so we decided to head back.

"Marina, Elle, thank you for letting us tag along today."

"No problem. I’m happy that I got to spend time with Misana-sama today."

"Misana-sama, please call for us if anything happens, okay?"

The two of them decided to stay until Elle’s magic ran out, so the three girls and I headed back on our own.

We passed by the big tree where someone was taking a nap. I tried to catch a glimpse of them, but didn’t see anyone. They had still been there when we were exterminating the Big Mole, though… They must have left because we were making such a big commotion about it.

Halfway to the mansion, I took a look at the three girls. Their clothes and faces were all dirty, which was normal after walking around a field. Their skirts were especially bad.

I was pretty sure that people would get mad at me if I brought them home like this. Yeah, it would be awkward to go back without cleaning ourselves first.

We couldn’t do anything about the clothing, but we should at least wash our faces.

"Okay, stay still everyone."

I soaked a towel with water magic and wiped their faces.

Their faces were clean now, but their clothes were still dirty… The maids would get mad about that, right?

I thought up some excuses as we continued our way back to the mansion. When we got to the gate, we were met by someone unexpected, who was also about to enter.

"Mother!"

Noa called out and ran to her mother, who turned around in surprise.

"Noa?!"

Eleanora-san smiled when she recognized her daughter.

"How have you been doing?"

"I’m doing well, but why are you here, Mother?"

"I’m here to see my beloved daughter, of course."

Eleanora-san was about to reach out and hug Noa but stopped.

"Noa, you’re a bit dirty."

Noa took a look at herself.

Her pretty clothing was indeed covered in dirt.

Since we had no excuses for this, Eleanora-san should get mad at me, as I was the one in charge of the girls.

"Eleanora-san, I’m sorry. I took the girls to a field."