Chapter 128

Bear-san Picks Up Anzu

After I returned from the capital, I took it easy for a few days.

I went to the Adventurer’s Guild just to see what was going on there; took Fina, Shuri and Noa for a stroll with my bears; and visited the bear family near the Honey Tree. I was really enjoying this world.

Today, I was simply lazing around on my bed as there was nothing to do, or rather, I didn’t want to do anything.

At times like this, when I had time all to myself, I really missed browsing the net or playing games.

This world was quite enjoyable, but there weren’t many fun things to do.

Should I make a makeshift game and play it with some children from the orphanage?

Maybe something like Othello, Shogi, Chess, Sugoroku, Cards, or some other games.

While I was thinking about which game to pick, my stomach growled.

Well, when you didn’t eat your breakfast, your stomach would become empty even if you were only idling around on bed. I decided to go to “Bear-san’s Relaxing Shop”.

As I was about to leave my house, I ran into Cliff right in front of it.

(TL note: Shogi is Japanese version of chess. There are two sorts of Sugoroku: Ban-sugoroku is similar to backgammon, and E-sugoroku is similar to Snakes and Ladder. Google it if you want know more.)

"You’re going out?"

Cliff, who was by himself, asked. In this world, the nobles frequently went out on their own, huh. Noa was often at my shop by herself, even the king came to my house by himself… Well, in his case, it was probably an exception, though…

Was the town safe, or did he think that there were no dangers? Well, it was probably safe.

The guards checked for criminals at the gates, and I also saw patrols walk by from time to time. With that, the town was probably quite safe.

In other worlds, nobles always had guards; especially the ladies, they had handsome guards with them at all times.

Noa was a noble lady, too, but she didn’t have a handsome guard, huh.

Well, logically thinking, if you put a handsome man as a guard for a lady, strange rumors would start popping up, and it would be hard to find someone to marry her.

This was the difference between reality and fantasy, huh.

If Noa was born in a fantasy world, would she be surrounded by handsome men?

"I’m feeling hungry and am on my way to the shop. What about you, Cliff?"

"I was on my way to your house."

"My house?"

"I had something to discuss with you. Hmm, I’m hungry too, so do you mind if I come with you?"

"I don’t mind."

I didn’t really have a reason to refuse, so I accepted his proposal. We departed from the Bear House and made the short trip to the “Bear-san Relaxing Shop”.

We entered the shop, but there was no real reaction. If we were at the capital, there would have been a racket made by the people looking at me, and I would be hearing “Bear” from every direction, but in this shop, I didn’t hear it at all.

This must have been thanks to the children, who were wearing their Bear Clothes, huh.

After we entered the shop, Cliff and I went to the counter where a girl in Bear Clothes was taking orders.