Chapter 161

Bear-san Holds A Cake Baking Lesson

Eleanora-san seemed quite pleased with the fact that a shop using my recipes would be opening in the capital.

However, in order for it to work out, I had to teach Zelef-san all of my recipes.

I had given him my pudding recipe some time ago, but it seemed like he had only managed to make it after failing numerous times. Unlike in Japanese cookbooks, there were no pictures in this world. Also, it appeared that I hadn’t relayed some parts of the recipe well enough. That was why we decided I would be personally teaching him this time around.

"Should we start now, then?"

"Would that really be okay?"

"There doesn’t seem to be a problem, since everybody already finished their cakes."

As I said, all of the plates were already empty, and it was time for me to make an excuse to get away from here, so that I could save Hugging Bear from the queen. She hadn’t let go of it all this time and had managed to embrace it even while eating.

Thinking of how to rescue it, I glanced at the queen, who was now elegantly drinking tea with one hand while holding onto Hugging Bear with the other. Hugging Bear looked at me dejectedly.

"I’m going to save you, so wait for me," I called out to it silently.

I then spoke up to begin the Hugging Bear Rescue Plan.

"Your Highness, I’m going to teach Zelef-san how to bake a cake now, so about Hugging Bear…"

"It’s fine. I will carry it."

The queen responded and stood up with Hugging Bear still secured in her arms.

Umm, what was fine? Why would she carry it? Could it be that she was coming with us?!

"You shouldn’t bother Yuna and Zelef."

"I won’t get in the way. I just want to taste-test Yuna’s recipes."

The queen wanted to come with us because she wanted to eat more… Also, taste-testing wasn’t something a queen should do, right? Didn’t royal families normally have a poison tester checking their food before they ate it?

Well, that was just my own tale on royalty.

"I will go too!"

Now even Princess Flora was saying she would come with us.

Was this royal family going to be okay?

Not to mention, Princess Flora had already eaten two slices of cake. A small child shouldn’t be able to eat three slices at once.

"Well then, I will be heading back to work. Thank you for the meal, Yuna. It was delicious, as always."

The king said before leaving the garden.

I wanted him to talk to the queen about giving me back Hugging Bear first, though…

"Okay, I’m going to begin the preparations for setting up for the shop, then."

Eleanora-san said and followed the king out of the garden. I wanted to ask her, "Eleanora-san, what about your job?" but decided not to. She was the type of person who always did what they wanted.

"Yuna-chan, we should get going as well."

The queen tapped me on the shoulder.

"I’m going, I’m going. Before that though, your Highness, please return Hugging Bear to me," I protested silently.