Chapter 55

Bear-san Arrives At The Royal Capital!

When I returned with the cage that was being pulled by the bear golem, all of the members were already awake.

"What, everyone was awake?"

" ”Everyone was awake?” is not the right response! There’s no way we can sleep while knowing that fifty thieves are headed this way, right?!"

"That’s right. As expected, there’s no way we can sleep in the middle of a probable attack by fifty thieves."

Gran-san was also awake.

Even though it’s bad for the elderly if they don’t sleep.

"Yuna-san, in the end, even I don’t think I can remain silent on this matter."

"Big Sis Yuna, as expected of you, this time as well…"

"Even though I caught the thieves, you’re going to get angry at me?"

At my words, everyone’s line of sight turned towards the bear golem and the cage of thieves. However, they were troubled about which one they should look at.

"Erm, what would be a good starting point to retort with here?"

"That’s a good question. For now, shall we listen to what happened with the thieves?"

Everyone’s gaze rested on me.

"As you can see, since I caught them all, I put them in a cage."

"How did you capture them all by yourself?"

"With a bit of magic."

"What about that cage?"

"I made it using a bit of magic."

"Finally, what about that bear?"

"I made it with a bit of magic to pull the cage."

The people around me had various reactions: from sighs to looking amazed, to being troubled over what to say.

Why?

"With each question, the number of things I want to retort to increases."

Marina looked at me with an astonished expression.

"So then, what are you going to do with the thieves?"

"Well, what would be good? Bring them to the Royal Capital? Kill them all here?"

The thieves reacted to my comment about killing them.

"Could it be, that those thieves are the Zamon band of thieves?"

Elle, who was looking at the thieves while standing behind Marina, asked.

"The Zamon band of thieves?"

If I remembered correctly, the people in question had also identified themselves as such.

"They are a band of thieves that have been rampaging in this area."

"You’re joking, right? To have caught that Zamon band of thieves single-handedly?"

"Is it that amazing?"

"They loot and torture people to force them into emptying their item bags. I heard that they also rape any women they find. A ghastly band of thieves."

"In that case, should I kill them?"

It was a natural reaction, after hearing that they had raped women.

"Though it’s troublesome, it would be better to deliver them to the Royal Capital so that the location of their hideout can be extracted. There might be some captured women at their hideout. Normally, it would be better to go rescue them immediately, but we don’t know how many are still at their hideout. Even if we questioned them now, it might take a long time and we won’t even know if it’s accurate or not. In addition, not only are you in the middle of guarding us, but there are also the thieves you captured, which is why it is better to go to the Royal Capital instead."