Chapter 99

Bear-san Is An Unwanted Child?

The next morning, after we had finished eating breakfast, Cliff and Mylene-san began discussing plans for the future in the dining room on the first floor.

"Then, we will just transfer a portion of the tunnel’s tax revenue to Yuna’s card, through the guild."

"Procuring the magic lines will be a problem as well."

"The light and wind magic lines, huh. Couldn’t the guild do something about it?"

"We could, but I’m afraid that the market prices might collapse if we did."

"Then, as we thought, the best option would be to ask for the lines the capital has in stock?"

"I believe that would be for the best."

"Also, since it’s something so important, we can’t really report it with just a letter."

"You will be able to see your wife, so isn’t that good for you?"

"It would be, if I didn’t have any work to do. Right now, I have work to do, you know. On top of that, I have to take care of the business with the tunnel and this city becoming our territory, so my workload has increased even more. When I think about how I will have to go to the capital while I’m this busy, I just become depressed."

I pretended like I hadn’t heard anything and drank my Oren juice.

Adventurers had it easy, didn’t they. They ate when they wanted to and slept when they felt like it. It was a great job to have.

When I read fantasy manga and novels, I was really impressed that there were actually people who did something as troublesome as territory management. Personally, I couldn’t do that. I thought that the protagonists who did it were really incredible.

Well, I did prefer to take it slow, rather than play an active role like those protagonists, though.

I drank my juice next to the two busy people, as if this was somebody else’s problem, feeling happy with this way of life.

Ah, I am so happy that I am an adventurer.

While I was thinking about such things, their conversation continued.

"Also, I thought about the passage through the tunnel. We don’t really have to make it a one way passage all the time. We have enough space to fit two carriages side by side. Wouldn’t it be possible to designate part of it to allow horses and people on foot to go through?"

"Some idiots might run or gallop through, you know. That would be dangerous."

"Then, should we install fences?"

"We won’t have enough people to do that."

"You’re right. For now, we should just make it a one way passage and see how it works."

"That would be better for now. It won’t be too late to implement it after we have a better grasp on the volume of traffic."

These two were discussing this deeply and with zeal again. It had nothing to do with a normal person like me, so I just stared into space as I listened to them.

Yes, Feudal Lord and guild master were both really difficult jobs.

Sei arrived while the two were conversing.

"Good morning, everyone. Would it be possible for you to come to the Adventurer’s Guild with me?"

The two of them had no issues with it, so they accepted.

Then, what should I do while they’re all talking together?

Cliff called out to me when he saw that I hadn’t stood up.