Chapter 119

Bear-san Talks About Experience

Marcus took out his sword while Timor stayed in the back with his short wand.

Shia and Cattleya were both wielding swords, trying to attract the other goblin’s attention.

Marcus rushed towards the first goblin, and, at the same time, Timor attacked the goblin with fire magic. The goblin’s movements became dull for a second. Using that moment, Marcus attacked the goblin with his sword. The goblin groaned, and parried with his rusty sword.

Timor was in the rear and used a short wand, so he was a magician, right? The power of his magic was really low, though.

I knew that I shouldn’t compare it to mine, but it was still weak.

Was it because he was only a student?

Or did he lower his power since Marcus was close?

Wait, if he was able to kill it with one magic attack, there would be no need for Marcus to charge in, right?

Marcus’s sword technique was also awkward. The goblin had a lot of openings, but Marcus was still being pushed back.

"Shit."

Marcus clicked his tongue and moved backwards to create some distance between him and the goblin. When he moved far enough, Timor launched a spell, but it didn’t hit the goblin.

Marcus tried to hit the goblin again, but the goblin parried with its sword.

This situation made me want to launch magic at the goblin’s unprotected head.

Hmm, I didn’t know that looking at others fighting would be so frustrating and stressful.

I shifted my gaze a little and looked to see how Shia and Cattleya were doing. They were fighting a distance away from Marcus.

Shia kept their goblin in check while Cattleya covered her with magic.

They also had an advantage, but they weren’t able to finish it off.

"Shia-san, I will launch stronger magic; use that chance."

Cattleya sent several fireballs from the distance.

They hit the goblin, but didn’t deal a fatal wound. She stopped his movement, though.

Using the opening, Shia shortened the distance between her and the goblin, then launched the fireball she had in her hand at point blank range, pushing the goblin back. The goblin moved back one, two steps after taking that magic. Shia moved in and used her sword that was in her left hand.

She cut the goblin’s arm, then pierced its throat. With its throat pierced, the goblin crumbled to the ground.

They managed to finish it off, but they apparently weren’t able to defeat it easily.

Cattleya’s movement and magic already became dull.

Was she really able to use stronger magic?

"Haa, haa, we killed it. What about Marcus and Timor?"

Their fight was also finished. They had a hard fight too, but managed to defeat it thanks to their combination.

Hmm, was this really something they had to struggle with?

"This was easy."

For someone who just said that, Marcus and Timor were breathing really hard.

With just one goblin…

Was this normal?

Still, they were able to kill a goblin, so that meant they had the strength of newbie E rank adventurers, right?