Chapter 58

Bear-san Constructs a Bear House in the Royal Capital

When we arrived at the barracks, the gate guard who had been there when I turned over the bandit group was waiting.

He was supposed to be the vice-commander of his company or something, if I wasn’t mistaken.

I had forgotten his name.

"I apologize for any inconveniences I’ve caused by calling you here today."

The vice-commander lowered his head towards Gran-san and Eleanora-san.

"So, why did you call us here?"

"We’ve confirmed the location of the Zamon group of thieves’ hideout, as well as their exact numbers. Their hideout seems to be located in a cavern in the mountains west of here. There are 20 remaining members, and there seems to be several captured women there."

"In that case, you ought to immediately head out and rescue them!"

"Yes, but there seems to be a bit of an issue."

"An issue?"

"A great number of people have gathered in the Royal Capital due to the birth festival. The soldiers and guards are dealing with them, so there are no spare soldiers."

"Wouldn’t it be fine if you just put out a request at the Adventurer’s Guild?"

"About that, since Gran-san has said as such, umm, was it Yuna-san?"

He was looking at me, so I nodded.

"Yuna-san’s permission is necessary."

"Mine?"

"Ah, is it about the right of ownership for the thieves’ possessions?"

Gran-san said, as if he had just remembered it.

For the sake of my own understanding, an explanation please!

"Yes, that’s right. Yuna-san already captured 50 of the 70 people from the Zamon band of thieves. However, their hideout has not been suppressed. Normally, when thieves are defeated, they cannot be stripped for materials, unlike monsters. Thus, there would be no merit for adventurers to defeat them, which is why there is the right to obtain the weapons, tools, and armors the thieves are carrying. That also includes the treasure gathered by the thieves."

"In other words, if a request is placed, then the treasure that the adventurers discover would become theirs?"

"Yes, but this time, Yuna-san captured the group of bandits by herself, and we were able to obtain the information because of that. Due to that, we cannot send out a request to the Adventurer’s Guild by ourselves. Even if we decided to send out a request, we could not do it without Yuna-san’s permission, especially if you have not decided on an amount of reward money."

"How troublesome."

"Well, that can’t be helped, right? Even though this is information we obtained on our own, other people might consider it to be stealing. There is no issue if the young lady goes on the thief extermination herself though."

"Troublesome."

"Big Sis Yuna… "

Fina looked at me with a stunned expression.

Please don’t look at me with such eyes.

Troublesome things are still troublesome.

It would be better if it were just killing them, but there were also people to protect, so I couldn’t use the bears, and it would also take a lot of time.