Chapter 127

Bear-san Brings The Picture Books To The Orphanage

When I opened my eyes, I looked left and right, only to see Swaying Bear and Hugging Bear sleeping, curled up like two Manjuus. After caressing them for a bit, I brought them back to my gloves.

I changed into the Black Bear and headed to "Bear-san’s Relaxing Shop".

It was now easier to go there since I moved my house closer.

When I entered the shop through the back door, I was greeted by the smell of freshly baked bread.

Inside the room, Morin-san was baking bread with the help of several children. They were doing their best to knead the dough and make pudding.

"Yuna-chan, you’re back?"

"Yeah, I returned yesterday."

Morin-san called out to me when she saw me enter while continuing to bake the bread.

Hearing her voice, the children turned my way.

"I understand that you are all happy that Yuna-chan is here, but we still have a lot to do before we open the store, so don’t stop working!"

Morin-san warned the children.

"You guys should listen to what Morin-san says and do your jobs properly, okay?"

Being told so by Morin-san and me, the children returned to their work looking a bit sad.

Morin-san looked at the children with an expression that was saying something like, ‘It can’t be helped.’

"Morin-san, could I have some breakfast?"

Being able to eat freshly baked bread was the employer’s special privilege, right?

I also had to ask if I could replenish my Bear Box bread reserves with some freshly made bread. It had decreased a lot because of the practice training and the students…

"Of course. You can take whichever bread you want!"

Taking advantage of Morin-san’s goodwill, I decided to take some bread, which had just came out of the oven.

They all seemed delicious.

While I was hesitating on which one to take, the children watched to see which one I would take.

Was some of this bread made by the children?

When I made my choice, some children looked really happy while some others looked sad; they were perfectly divided in two groups.

As one would expect, I couldn’t really eat all the bread the children made, but I still felt sorry for those whose bread I didn’t take.

I wanted to go to the fridge to get some juice, but Karin-san, who saw through my plan, brought me one with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Karin-san."

I accepted the cold fruit juice.

"You’re so popular with the children!"

More than popular, it looked more like baby birds, which embraced you after you gave them food, though.

I looked at the children while eating bread.

"Karin-san, how has the store been doing recently?"

"As you already know, it has been very busy every day."

"Do you have enough people?"

"Yes. The children are working hard, after all."

When I heard those words, I felt a bit guilty for making these children work so hard.