+ What if: Harry Lived with Emmanuelle and Sirius? [Part 6]

Start from the beginning

"Oh, darling," Emmanuelle sniffled as she too cried for her daughter's heartache. "I can't say that fully understand the pain you're feeling but know that I understand you. The pain of having one of your friends betray you... Theodore was – you two were more to each other than you thought, and your father and I saw that... and I know that you are hurting so much." Emmanuelle kissed her daughter's hair. "So let it out... it's all right, I'm right here. If you want to cry, go ahead... just let it out."

So, she did. Carina cried in her mother's arms, and Emmanuelle held her daughter just as she did when the girl was a babe. This time, she cried with her daughter's pain, letting her know that she understood, and she will never judge her for feeling this way.

~*~

Carina was gone, taken by Death Eaters during the siege during Bill and Fleur's wedding. Deimos was mandated to attend Hogwarts, along with the chosen few first years. As a half-blood, he was still allowed to attend the school, but Sirius and Emmanuelle highly doubted that was the case. They knew it was just so their enemies could have one of their own as hostage. And Harry disappeared with his friends to search for whatever it was Dumbledore had him do and promise not to tell, without giving a clue to his parents on where they would go, or where to start.

Her children scattered in the world, and Emmanuelle did not know what to do. Since Carina and Harry's disappearance, the woman has not slept, not eaten, all she does was worry to where they have gone. As much as she wanted to say she was worried for all of her children equally, she was mostly worried for Carina. Harry had Hermione and Ron; Deimos had Roman, Morgan, and Maisie; but Carina was alone. She saw with her own eyes as Carina was taken by Dolohov and she was a second too late to save her.

A second. A second was all it took for her to fail her daughter. To have her eldest child be taken from her.

Under the watchful eye of the Ministry ran by the Death Eaters through a puppet leader, Emmanuelle and Sirius, and the entire Goldstein family, had to play safe. They sought help from their closest relatives – the Scamanders – and had Charity and the twins in hiding the moment Muggle-borns were being persecuted. Where she was taken, they did not know, only the Scamanders did. It was for her safety and the twins, in case a Legilimense would read their minds and see where she was taken.

And with Theseus Scamander's help, Emmanuelle and Sirius had help in looking for their daughter. But each day, a report about a sighted girl with similar attributes to Carina given to Theseus would have Emmanuelle bawling, especially when they knew why these murders and reports were happening.

"They're trying to bait us," said Theseus. "Get you to go out and make a scene, then they would pick you up, have you arrested in some false crime. Possibly for hiding Charity and the twins. Or to get to Harry."

They were in one of the Potterwatch's temporary hideout. As the radio broadcast was helping Harry Potter and the rest of the Order, it is being hunted my many Death Eaters and the Ministry. It had from place to place just so it would be safe, and with an enchanted card given to Emmanuelle, Sirius, and Tom, only knew the next location and would meet with them. For that day, it was in a rural Muggle-community. Kingsley, Remus, Fred, and Lee gave them. Meeting them there were the Scamander brothers who have been helping the Order and the family in every way they can.

Running his hand through his hair, Sirius was having trouble with lighting a cigarette he said, "It's been months – we still have no word from Harry – Deimos and Maisie have gone dark – and Carina is still –" he slammed the lighter on the table when he realized it ran out of juice. It made everyone turn to him.

"Sirius." Remus began.

"My children and my niece are missing." Sirius seethed. "Don't you dare say everything will be alright."