~ IB: Primary School, and Frequent Visitors to the Headmaster's Office

Start from the beginning

"I don't see how this is related to why they are covered in paint... except for the part there was paint in this activity," Carina murmured.

"Well, you see Mrs. Nott –"

"Black." Carina corrected him, as Theodore supplied, "she kept her name."

"Mrs. Black – when the children were drawing their homes, Sofia, Viktor, and Rom... ulus." The Headteacher found the name odd. It was not everyday he would encounter a child named as such. "Drew three homes." The Headteacher produced three papers, all stained with paint but the images were still there. The first one had Sofia's name written at the front, she drew their house on the Hill with Alcander and Snuffles (the two creatures looked more like puppets than beasts); next was Viktor's which was an attempt to draw Nott Manor and the green valleys of their family's Dragon Reserve (he even drew a few creatures that looked like blobs); then there was Romulus' work, he drew their summer villa in Greece (a gift from their great-grandfather so he may see them often).

"I don't see any problem in this," Carina shrugged.

"Three different homes." The Headteacher said, as if it was enough to explain the problem.

"But it's true!" Sofia spoke. "Those are our homes!"

"You can't have three houses!" a boy across the room told them. "You're lying!"

"We're not! Those are our homes!" Viktor argued. Before Romulus could add to it, Theodore asked his children to wait and let them handle the situation.

"Again, I don't see how this is a problem." Carina let out a chuckle.

"A couple of students then saw their works and – well, there was a bit of a confrontation about it. And when Oliver," he gestured to the boy with paint in his ears, "took Viktor's work and called him a liar, Romulus and Sofia threw paint at him... thus started a little paint war in the classroom." The Headteacher sighed.

"See," the mother spoke. "Your children started this – they're the ones who made the first punch."

"What I heard," Carina spoke. "Is that Sofia and Rom defended their brother from someone who accuses him of lying and for taking his work without asking his permission. And None of our children are lying about their homes because all of those houses ours."

Flabbergasted, the Headteacher and the other parents looked at them with wide eyes. When one of the mothers started saying that they were just going with the lie, Theodore said: "Sofia's work – that's our family house up the hill. That's where we usually live. But we also own a mansion in Scotland where our family business is located and I handle, so we often go there in the weekends," he pointed at Viktor's drawing. "Then this is our villa in Greece. If you must know my mother was Greek, and we have relatives in the mainland who gave that home to us, so we have a place to go to for the summer." He gestured to the attempted drawing of a Greek-villa on the paper.

"All of those are our home and has a special place in our children's hearts. That's why they drew different houses for their task," Carina explained.

In the loud silence and wonder on who they were from the Headteacher and the parents, Romulus spoke: "I like the villa that Papou gave us. It has a view of the sea, and it's close to the place that sells loukoumades!"

"I like the manor, we get to go on adventures there," Viktor added.

"I like our home. Mummy and I would always look at the stars with her big telescope in the study." Said Sofia. "And Daddy would always play the harp for us when we're at the living room... and we didn't put paint in Oliver's ears – one of his friends did because they thought it would go out the other end!"