Friends In Very Low Places

Few days after that, Jesse forced himself to work in camp, especially on Leon.

Jessica went out for a while for an errand with Penelope, but that was hours ago. Both cousins try to avoid their Aunt as much as possible, especially at a time like this, where the business would be failing. Penelope and Jessica don't want any part of it, matter of fact, they even despise Catherine.

Jesse was fixing Leon's saddle when Josiah called to him.

"Are you well now my boy?" the older man asked.

"Yes, why?"

"Would you like to rob a stagecoach?" he asked again.

"Sure, if the take's decent." Jesse said.

"Of course! I have a friend who can give you all the decent, robbable stagecoaches a hot-blooded degenerate could require." Josaih continued as he mounted his horse, followed by Jesse.

"I think that's Arthur who you're talking about." Jesse laughs as he mounted Leon.

"Maybe, but I heard you are scary when angry."

"You heard right... And wrong." Jesse said as they both snapped the reign's of their horses. "Where we going anyway?"

"At the post office."

"And you say friend? You are loving this life, ain't ya." Jesse said.

"You know me. I like to make friends in low places." Josiah said as they ride at the post office.

They enter the office and see Jessica and Penelope in there taking some parcels.

"Jesse, what are you doin' here? You should be restin'!" Jessica said with a scolding tone.

"I'm fine, doll. Just a simple job for today." Jesse said.

"I need you to rest, love..." Jessica said, pleading with him.

"I'm well rested baby! I have these stitches done by you, and besides, this job ain't nothing serious... No guns, I don't think that's Trelawny's forte." Jesse tried to persuade her.

"But... Jesse I-" Penelope cuts her.

"Let him be Jessica, he's a big boy." she said.

"That is true, and he'll be under my care lovely girl, you don't need to worry." then he walked closer to Jessica. "I shall teach him that guns are not needed in every situation."

She look back and then at Jesse.

"Please..." Jesse said with a smile and puppy dog eyes.

Jessica shook her head and then nodded, then turned to Trelawny.

"Fine, but if I see a new a cut on any part of his body, I will be coming for you." she said.

"Ooh, fiesty for love. You are a lucky man, Jesiah Creed." Trelawny went along to the counter.

"Thank you." Jesse said then quickly kissed Jessica on the cheek then went back to Trelawny.

Josiah greeted the postman and continue to converse with them. Jesse leaned on the side waiting for them to finish. The postman named Alden expressed his hardships with his job.

"My friend Jesse here, has a present for you." Josiah said and gestured to Jesse to give Alden money.

Jesse did and Alden starts to write something on a paper, something about a stage coming south down the river road through Siltwater Strand. He gave the paper to Josiah then they exit the post office.

"What was that all about?" Jesse asked as they walked to their trusted steeds.

"I thought you might like to see that phantomime." Josiah said and they both mounted.