Two Veterans And An Outlaw

AN: This is very domestic and has no action whatsoever. Just a lil bonding with family and stuff. May make you soft, or cry, idk but yeah. Enjoy :D

A few days back, Jesse received a letter from his father, wanting him to meet his new family. His wife and two children to be exact. His father tells him to meet them at the church where they met before and then travel elsewhere to find quality time. As for Jessica, she assured him that Lyn would be with her at the gallery today. Jesse was still not on board with that idea but, Lyn is very much familiar with a gun, both of them are but of course Jesse would still worry.

"I promise you Jesse, I'll be fine. Besides, I won't be there the whole day. I'll be back by early afternoon." Jessica reassured him as she helped him pack a few things for his trip.

"I just can't stop thinking about it." Jesse said.

"I think you scared him off anyway, haven't seen him for a week."

He then cups her face, "Just promise me you'll be safe." Jesse said.

"I will..." she said and he kissed her forehead.

That was thirty minutes ago and the church is where Jesse is now, patiently or rather, nervously waiting for his father's family. 'What'll they think of me?', 'Am I dressed, okay?', 'This may be a bad idea, mothers hate me...' he laughed at himself at the last statement that was flooding his mind. With so much overthinking, he didn't notice the nun that stood next to him.

He sees her and he knows exactly who she was... He felt awkward so he shifted in his post and cleared his throat. Then she begins to speak.

"Lovely day, isn't it?"

Jesse avoided her gaze, covering his eyes with his hat in fear that she'd recognize him. But he still answered, "Sure, if you say so."

She then turns to him... "I have been working in this church for many, many years and yet I never saw you stand in front of the church before."

Jesse chuckled nervously, "I'm sure I'm not the first one to use this as a meeting place."

"No, but you are the first one that looks like an outlaw." She said, and yet, there was no judgment in her tone.

The outlaw kept quiet. He then starts to become impatient of his father. He wanted to escape this awkward situation... he felt awkward but he actually felt ashamed... He didn't want to disappoint her.

Until now...

"That cross looks very familiar." She said, pointing at Jesse's necklace.

Jesse mumbled a curse but he just let it happen.

"Again, I am pretty sure that there are plenty of crosses like these in Saint Denis." Jesse tried to reason, but she shook her head.

"No, no. I asked for that cross to be custom made."

Jesse chuckles, "It's a cross, sister, ain't nothing special about it."

"There is, once it's flipped over." She said.

Jesse's face grimaced... after years of keeping it, he totally forgot what was engraved behind it. Jesse flipped it over to reveal his name, 'Jesiah.'

The nun smiled, "I knew it was you. The boy whose name means 'The Lord Exists'!" she happily said. "I knew it was you, my boy." She said as she hugged the man towering over her.

"How did you know?" Jesse asked.

"Like I said, I'd recognize that cross from a mile away. And you weren't so quick to hide your eyes when I got here. You looked, occupied."