Marriage and Dreams

"Jessica! C'mon down already, if we want to make to Strawberry by dinner, we have to go now." Jesse called from downstairs of the big house of the Golds.

It had been a few days since Dupont did that scheme in Bacchus station. It's safe to say he packed up his family and moved someplace else. Hopefully, a different country. Jesse decided that since the engagement, Jessica needed to meet his family.

"I'm coming!" Jessica yelled back as she signed a letter to her parents.

She finally closed it up and grabbed her luggage then ran downstairs to see Jesse chatting with Miriam at the front desk.

He looks up to her with a sweet smile, "What took you so long?" he asked.

She silently smiles and gives the letter to Miriam.

"If I'm gonna meet your parents, you're gonna need to meet mine, soon." she says, "Please post this for me." she says to Miriam.

"Sure." the older woman said.

They both exit the house then mounted their own horses.

"Wait- I have to meet your parents? Shit-"

"Of course, you do! They're gonna love you, I PROMISE!" she says as they start to travel up to Strawberry.

"Ha ha, I doubt that, mothers hate me." Jesse says sarcastically.

"No, they don't! Your mother, maybe, but not all mothers."

Jesse just looked at her awkwardly, "Gee, thanks for reminding me."

They both laugh as they continue to travel out west.

They didn't make any unnecessary stops so it's safe to say that they did arrive at Strawberry just before dinner. Just before they enter the settlement, they notice a familiar cowboy going up south.

"Arthur?" Jesse called which made the older outlaw look behind him.

"Jesse! Fancy seeing you here!" Arthur said as he shook hands with Jesse, he then turns to see Jessica, "Ma'am." And tips his hat. Jessica smiles back. "What're ya'll doing here? Hey, the honeymoon comes after the wedding, might I remind you." He laughs.

Which made Jessica blush and Jesse rolls his eyes.

"We're here to meet my parents, you idiot." Jesse said.

"Parents? Your witch of a mother finally came through?" asked Arthur.

"Wha-? No! My father. The one I told you about, and his wife and kids... They insist in calling them family so... yeah." The younger outlaw explained.

"Ahh, I see... Makes sense.... Anyhow, I was just gonna do a small debt for Strauss... He's been buggering me for this one since Rhodes and it completely lost my mind." Arthur explained as well.

"Well, when you get done, you can join us if you'd like." Jesse offered.

"Ooh yes, please, join us." Jessica excitedly said.

"I- I don't know about that." The older man said.

"C'mon, I'd love for you to meet my family. I won't take no for an answer. As soon as you get this debt, you go straight back here. It's a small settlement, I'm sure you can find us easily." Jesse persuaded.

Arthur sighed, "Fine! But if you make fun of me, I'll leave as soon as can be."

"Okay, okay... See ya' tonight at dinner." Jesse finally said.

As Arthur continued his travel, the couple finally entered the settlement of Strawberry. Jesse looked around and noticed the big carriage him and his father drove and they both went straight to the small house in front of it in the middle of the town.