Icarus and Friends

This one's a bit long hehe, got carried away :')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After consulting with Arturo Bullard and ensuring that he will help with the "Lessons" in using the balloon, they agreed to meet tomorrow morning, somewhere outside of Saint Denis. The pair of women starts to ride back to Lakay for any help they can give. As they travel, they converse with each other about the plan that Sadie mainly formed.

"A damn hot air balloon? What a plan Sadie!" Jessica said, still in disbelief.

"What? It ain't a bad idea." Sadie said.

"I'll have to remind you that I have severe fear in heights... After the Evan incident."

Sadie looks to her and frowns, "Of course, I know that... That's why we're sending Arthur." She smirks then laughs and so did Jessica.

A few hours of riding about, they finally arrived at Lakay. They see Charles and the others packing their things in wagons.

"We're moving?" Sadie asked him, without dismounting.

"Yep, a place, past up Butcher Creek... a cave." He says.

Jessica suddenly dismounts, "It don't happen to be at the Murfree cave?"

Charles gave her a look that confirmed her fear... She's going back, should she go back? She's helped them enough, right? She shook her head and mounted up again. She felt angry, sad, or confused... and she's pretty sure that when Jesse finds out, he's not gonna like it either.

"I'm sorry, I- You know what happened to me, me and Jesse, and I refuse to ruin myself again. I hope I helped you enough, but I will not step foot in that area, unless it's for Jesse." She declares, her eyes glassed over and Sadie rubbed her arm.

"Of course... we'll take it from here... thank you for everything." Sadie smiles.

Jessica nods sadly, "I'll meet you and Arthur at Doyle's Tavern, tomorrow."

"We'll be there." The blonde said.

Jessica nods and turns her horse. She begins to ride back to Saint Denis with a wretched feeling in her gut. Just the mention of that place made her see the first time she'd killed people... But like Hosea said, she did it to save Jesse... she did it for love. She may not have been with the older man much, but she knew that he was the wisest man in the gang because Jesse said so... and that gave her comfort... At least a little bit.

The gang moved to a place called Beever Hollow, it's technically just a cave up past Butcher Creek. Arthur arrived back there with the gang almost already unpacked. He mentioned to Dutch that he just had to take a girl who was held captive in the cave with the previous occupiers, home.

Then, Molly suddenly appears after weeks of being missing, drunk and almost sounding crazy. She starts attacking Dutch, insulting him. She finally tells the gang that she told the Pinkertons about where they were. Arthur tells Dutch to let it slide and just get rid of her, when a gunshot sounded through the camp, the smoke coming from Grimshaw's shotgun. And a hole on Molly's stomach.

She then scolds Arthur, "She knew the rules, Arthur. What the hell is wrong with you?!" she then continues to tell Bill and Pearson to get rid of the body.

So, that's how the rest of the day went while Jessica was at home keeping herself busy by fixing up her parent's room. Then, her mind wanders to Jesse... She rarely thought about him ever since he was taking. Maybe it's because her mind refused to believe that he was in prison. They were always doing long distance love so she only thought of it as just that. She just knew that he'd be fine, he's a smart man. And they're going to find out if he's okay, tomorrow.