Polite Society, Valentine Style

It had been a few weeks since the gang has moved camp in Horseshoe Overlook. Everything is looking great, the camp's spirit is slowly coming back, everyone looked at ease, just great. Most of these days they had just stayed in camp to do chores, trying to settle in.

Jesse awoke from the sound of Arthur and Hosea conversing. He gets up then Hosea offers both a cup of coffee.

"There's a bunch of the boys already in Valentine... Bill, Charles and Javier." Hosea continued something about Swanson in the train station by the lake. Jesse changed into his day clothes. Wearing a black stand collar overshirt, a pair of pants and quickdraw boots and some chaps. He is yet to get a hat. He takes his coffee and walks up to Arthur listened to Hosea.

"And Strauss came back with that creepy smile on his face. I'm sure there's a list of unfortunates... He's forced money upon." Hosea said and the other two men downed their drinks, thanking the older man.

"And you?" Arthur asks him as the older man walks away.

"I'm gonna read a book." then went to his tent to do just that.

The two stood next to each other for a moment.

"So, what you gonna do now?" Arthur asks the younger man. Jesse spots Uncle sleeping by the wagon and thought that he might need some things done.

"I think I'm gonna get Uncle to work, maybe in town. And I need a hat, this heat ain't helping me." Jesse said.

"Sure, I'm gonna go find Swanson, see what that idiot has gotten into."

"Alright, goodluck then. Morgan." they shared a small wave and went their separate ways.

Jesse makes his way towards the wagon where Uncke was. He then kicks him, waking the poor old man, but it had to be done.

"You dreamin' of sunshine and rainbows yet, Uncle?" Jesse teased as Uncle stands up to think of an excuse.

"I was thinkin'" was what he came up with.

"Well, don't we all. People here are workin', stealin', killin', whatever else to survive, you get to lie here and think?" Jesse asked as he led Uncle a little away from the wagon.

"Well, It's a strange world we live in, Jesiah Creed."
Jesse made a sour face for the name. It's not like he doesn't like it, he just hasn't heard it in a while. Not since the guards of the boarding school chased him.

"Augh, you and full names Uncle. Anyway, wanna head into town? See if we can find anything worth doin'?" Jesse suggested.

"Sure, I got some errands to run."

"Go check if the horses are ready." Jesse commanded.

"Bu-" Uncle protests but Jesse insists "Now, Uncle."

Suddenly, Karen spoke up.

"If you gonna take the old man into town... Could you take us too?" Karen asked Jesse.

"You got anything planned?" He asked.

"Nothing, we'll find something for y'all to do, we always do." She said as Mary-Beth and Tilly follows her walking towards Jesse, Mary-Beth continues "We're bored outta our minds. Been cooped up here for two weeks now. Karen's about ready to murder Grimshaw." she chuckles.

"Aww, she ain't all that bad... No." He said quickly as the women scoffed at him.

"And why not?" Karen asks.

"If anybody's gonna get a beating if chores ain't done, It's gonna be me, not y'all." Jesse explained.

"Oh come on Jesse, what's happened to you? Three young healthy women want you to take 'em robbin', and you're worried about house chores? Let's go." Karen persuaded Jesse until he gives up, on one condition "Fine, but if Ms. Grimshaw ever lay a finger on me, y'all are doing MY chores." he said. The women just cheered, completely ignoring his proposal and went on the wagon.