Finn's Jacket (ND)

"Santana."

"I told you not to talk to me unless it was to give me back Finn's jacket."

"And I told you I didn't take the jacket." Puck responded. "I have my own, why the hell would I want another one?"

"You asked Kurt for it." Santana reminded Puck. "So when I went in for my little nap, you came in and swiped it."

"I already told you I didn't." Puck said.

"I don't believe you." Santana hissed.

"I don't care what you believe." Puck stated. "But you don't deserve the jacket anyway. You were barely even friends with Finn. All you ever did was insult him. And all this grieving you're doing is performative. It's just your selfishness and your guilt and-"

Santana smacked Puck in the face, her jaw dropping in surprise. She covered her mouth with her hands as Puck rubbed his cheek.

"Santana." Brittany scolded.

"Can you two at least try to get along this week?" Quinn requested as Beth started to get upset.

"I'm sorry." Santana whispered as the blondes walked away.

"I know who has the jacket." Puck stated.

"Who?" Santana asked.

"Mr. Schue." Puck answered.

"You're lying." Santana shook her head.

"I saw it in his bag when we were in the choir room." Puck responded. "When you told everyone you were going to the nurse's office, he went to check on you."

"Why would Mr. Schue take it from me?" Santana asked. "That doesn't make any sense."

"Finn was his favorite." Puck reminded Santana. "He probably doesn't know how he's supposed to get us through this, so he took it to feel closer to Finn."

Santana looked at Puck. "Is that why you wanted the jacket?"

"It doesn't matter why I wanted it." Puck shook his head. "Kurt said no and he gave it to you."

Santana nodded slowly. "I'm sorry I slapped you."

"Wasn't the first time." Puck reminded her. "And I'm sure it won't be the last."

Santana smiled slightly.

-

"Mr. Schue." Santana said, entering his office.

"Hey, Santana." Mr. Schue replied. "Come on in. Miss Pillsbury and I were just-"

"I know you have the jacket." Santana cut Mr. Schue off. "Puck saw it in your bag earlier."

"Santana, why don't you have a seat so we can talk about this?" Mr. Schue suggested.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Santana shook her head. "I want the jacket back so I can get the hell out of here."

"Okay." Mr. Schue nodded as he picked his bag up. He pulled the jacket out and held it out to Santana. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken it."

"No, you shouldn't have." Santana agreed as she took the jacket and walked out.

-

"Hey." Santana said softly as she entered the auditorium wearing Finn's jacket.

"Brittany was looking for you." Quinn told Santana.

"What'd Mr. Schue say?" Puck wondered.

"Not much." Santana replied, joining the trio on the stage. She took off the jacket and put it over Beth's shoulders. "You should have this, Beth."

"Santana, you don't have to do that." Quinn said.

"I want to." Santana insisted.

"Are you sure?" Quinn asked.

"She should have a piece of her godfather." Santana decided.

"Say thank you to Santana, Beth." Quinn requested.

"Thank you, Tana." Beth smiled as she hugged her godmother.

"You're welcome, squirt." Santana replied as she helped Beth put the jacket on properly, smiling at how big it was on her.

Puck looked at Santana.

"Thank you."