Beer (Pucketh)

"Beth."

Beth turned around and looked at her dad. "This isn't what it looks like."

"Likely story." Puck muttered, taking the beer can out of Beth's hand. "Go get your things and let's go."

"Dad, I can explain." Beth said. "Just listen to me."

"You'll have plenty of time to explain when we're in the car." Puck promised. "Let's go."

"This is so unfair!" Beth exclaimed as she stomped back to her friends and gathered her things. "I'll see you guys on Monday."

"See you, Beth."

"Is now a bad time to ask your dad for his autograph? Or a photo?"

Beth rolled her eyes as she walked back to Puck. "Let's go."

Without another word, Puck led Beth to his truck. Beth got in the passenger seat, and Puck got in the driver's seat and buckled his seatbelt, but he didn't drive.

"Dad, can we just go?" Beth requested.

"I'm disappointed in you." Puck told Beth.

"Yes, but I wasn't drinking." Beth said.

"I understand being curious about drinking, but drinking underage is illegal and drinking at school is just plain stupid." Puck continued. "And lying about it is-"

"This is so rich coming from you." Beth interrupted, shaking her head.

"I've told you about the things I've done so you would know what not to do." Puck clarified.

"And I told you." Beth replied. "I wasn't drinking."

"Beth." Puck sighed.

"Instead of scolding me over an accusation, you could try listening to what I have to say." Beth suggested.

"Alright, let's hear it." Puck said.

"It's a Halloween party." Beth stated. "And apparently, it's tradition for the seniors to bring beers and haze the freshman."

"So you got hazed?" Puck guessed.

"So I found a half-full beer in the girl's bathroom and no one was in there so I took it to throw it out." Beth explained.

"You want me to believe that you were just moving a beer can?" Puck asked.

"Didn't you once tell me a story about a hot or not glee club list that you were caught moving off a locker?" Beth wondered. "Everyone deemed you suspect number one, but Mom did it."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "So?"

"So you really don't trust me if you think I'd create such an elaborate story." Beth noted.

"Maybe you were inspired." Puck shrugged.

"Dad." Beth said.

"You've been sneaking around all week and lying to your mother." Puck pointed out.

"I've been lying to her about her baby shower." Beth responded. "That's completely different."

Puck bit his lip as he looked at his daughter. "Let's say I believe you."

"You believe me." Beth said.

"And let's say I don't ground you." Puck said.

"Even better." Beth smiled.

"And we don't tell your mother about this." Puck added.

Beth nodded slowly.

"But you have to promise me something." Puck continued.

"What?" Beth wondered.

"If you ever get curious about alcohol or you try it with your friends, you have to promise that you won't drink and drive and you'll call me for a ride home." Puck said. "Not the driver or my mother or your mother, you'll call me."

"Okay, I promise." Beth replied.

"Okay, then I believe you."