Monster (Quicketh)

"Mommy, there's a monster under my bed." Beth announced as she entered Quinn and Puck's bedroom.

"There's no monster, B. Go back to bed." Quinn said softly. "Don't wake Daddy up."

"Too late." Puck muttered. "Go back to bed, Beth. You're safe, I promise.

"Will you check?" The four-year-old requested.

"There's no monster, Beth." Puck insisted.

"Please?" Beth begged.

"Okay." Puck gave in as he got up of bed. He put his hand out. "Come on. I'll show you that there's nothing to worry about."

"Mommy, will you come, too?" Beth asked.

"Mommy has class in the morning. I got you, B." Puck promised. "Come on."

"Okay." Beth muttered, taking Puck's hand and following him to her room.

Puck grabbed a flashlight and crouched onto the floor to look under the bed. "Look, Beth, there's nothing there."

Beth looked at Puck.

"Come here and look." Puck told her. "You're safe, I promise."

Beth sat down on the floor next to Puck and looked under her bed.

"See?" Puck said. "No monsters."

Beth nodded as she got up. "Check my closet."

"Beth." Puck sighed.

"Please?" Beth requested.

"Come here." Puck said as he got up. He held the flashlight and he held onto Beth's hand as he walked over to the closet. He opened the door and used the flashlight to show Beth there was nothing in her closet. "See? No monsters. Time for bed, B."

"Will you tuck me in?" Beth wondered.

"Yeah, go get under the covers." Puck nodded.

Beth climbed into bed as Puck closed the closet door. He walked over to the bed and gently tucked Beth in.

"Now you know that there's no monster in your room." Puck pointed out. "So get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning."

"Thanks for checking." Beth responded. "Night, Daddy. I love you."

"I love you, too, B. Sweet dreams."