Couple's Counseling (Fuinn)

A/N: I've been so uninspired lately but I'm changing the plot of my fuinn story so please enjoy this chapter that will no longer be relevant

-

"So, Finn, why don't you start by telling me why you and Quinn are here today?"

"Well..." Finn began as he looked at Quinn. "We've been having some issues trusting each other."

"Not we." Quinn shook her head. "Just Finn."

"Okay. And why is that?"

"Quinn still talks to her ex." Finn answered. "The one she cheated on me with."

"For context, I cheated on Finn when we were sophomores in high school." Quinn explained. "And I still talk to my ex because he's my daughter's father and we share custody, and she lives with him. He's my best friend, but all of our interactions are family-friendly and completely platonic."

"He's your best friend?" Finn repeated. "I thought you said I was your best friend."

"You are, but it's different." Quinn noted. "Besides, I'm not the one who kissed my ex a week ago."

"I invited Rachel over when Quinn decided we needed to take a break." Finn clarified. "And she went to Ohio to see her daughter and her ex."

"And he kissed Rachel to even the playing field because he thought I was being inappropriate with Noah." Quinn added.

"Okay, well, it sounds like the two of you do need a break. Finn, you clearly have trust issues from sophomore year that you haven't resolved."

Quinn smirked triumphantly at Finn.

"And Quinn, it sounds like you're keeping your ex as a backup in case things don't work out between you and Finn."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "I'm not. I love Finn."

"You also love your ex. And if you really wanna be with Finn, you need to decrease contact with him."

"He's in L.A." Quinn told the therapist. "The only time we talk is when it's about our daughter."

"Do you ever go to him for advice or get his opinion on anything?"

Quinn didn't say anything.

"Wait a second." Finn said. "You took a pregnancy test in Lima. Was Puck with you?"

"Yes." Quinn confessed. "He bought the tests for me."

Finn shook his head angrily.

"Look, if me not talking to him will help fix things, I told you I'd do it." Quinn reminded Finn.

"You also told me I would be a bad father." Finn stated.

"I didn't say that. I said you're not ready to be a father." Quinn corrected Finn. "And you're not. I know what I need in a co-parent and a partner and I'm not willing to bring a child into the world until I have that."

"And you have that with Puck?" Finn questioned Quinn.

"Puck's a good father." Quinn told Finn. "And when you grow up, you will be, too."

"You can't keep comparing me to him." Finn responded. "Because in case you forgot, he wasn't always a good father."

Quinn looked at Finn. "He wasn't, but at least he tried to do the right thing. He always helped me. You were too busy freaking out all the time."

"Of course I was freaking out, we were sixteen." Finn said. "I'm gonna be a good father when the time comes. I'm gonna learn just like Puck did."

"Okay, enough."

Quinn and Finn paused and looked at the therapist.

"Quinn, it might not even be done consciously, but you compare Finn to Puck. You expect him to behave like you think Puck would. And that's putting pressure on him and a strain on your relationship."

Quinn bit her lip.

"You need to take a step back and decide who you wanna be with and let the other one go. And Finn, you need to work on your trust issues. Until you start with these things, you two won't be able to heal as a couple."