Vecta: You know the funny thing about you A.I.? You act like you have free will when you just have set parameters you follow. You may have intelligence but you forget the artificial part.

Becouli tried to use time but Vecta dashed forward throwing three quick slashes against Bercouli before kicking him to the ground as Bercouli dropped his sword.

Vecta: See? You're predictable. Think I didn't know you'd use your little secret sword skill?

Vecta swept Bercouli's blade into his hand and impaled Bercouli in the chest with his own blade.

Vecta: Heh, you're like a boss in a video game. Tough first try but once your attack pattern is found out, your just a hindrance.

Bercouli: You...despicable fiend.

Vecta: What can I say? Like I was waste my energy on the likes of yourself. Anyways, I got a job to do so have a nice day.

As Vecta walked towards Alice, An arrow pierced his chest.

Vecta: Hm? Who the hell?

Suddenly four more arrows sent Vecta into one of the large rock towers before exploding in a giant blinding light. Sinon slowly descended as she noticed Bercouli and ran over.

Sinon: You're hurt. Shit, where's Asuna when you need her.

Bercouli: Ah, it's alright kid. Just take care of Alice for me, alright? She's....my everything.

Sinon gripped Bercouli's hand and nodded.

Sinon: You have my word.

Bercouli: Thanks kid....

Bercouli stared at the red sky but couldn't help but smile seeing the face of his kid and girlfriend as his eyelids grew heavy. Sinon watched as Bercouli breathed his last breath but still had a smile on his face. The smile of a proud parent.

Sinon: Rest in Peace.

Sinon walked over and began to shake Alice.

Sinon: Alice! Wake up!

Alice slowly began to come to as she stared at Sinon.

Alice: Aren't you....

Sinon: Yes it's me Sinon.

Alice quickly sat up.

Alice: Right I was knocked out by Vecta and-

Alice stopped seeing Bercouli behind Sinon.

Alice: UNCLE!

Alice ran over to the now deceased Bercouli as she began shaking him while Sinon stood behind her looking at the floor with a solemn expression.

Alice: Uncle! Lord Bercouli! Wake up! Come on Wake up! It's me Alice! Wake up please!

Alice's pleas became entwined with cries that echoed into the distance.

.......

Alice: What's the situation?

Sinon: Mav and the Human Empire forces are engaged in a deadlock with the Red Forces. No side is gaining the advantage.

Alice: Then I'll head north and rejoin the main force.

Sinon: You can't do that. You need to head south and make contact with the outside world.

Alice: Why should I? You people can hop in here and play god with our lives, for what?! All our pain, all our suffering, is it all for some goddamn test?! What's the point, Sinon?

Sinon: Not my place to answer. But, if you really want to save your people, you need to head south to the World's End Altar. Everyone is fighting for you be safe.

Sinon placed her hands on Alice's shoulders with a look of determination.

Sinon: Think of the ones closest to you.

Alice's mind began to think of Bercouli, then Mav, and then Eugeo.

Sinon: Your friends fight to protect you so you can stop this war. Your suffering isn't for nothing. It's real. It shows that your alive and that you're real. Not some test subject. Do you think Mav would go through pain and suffering for you if it was just a test? He's a real world person like me but he still went through great pain and suffering to help you. Not because it was a test, but to help a friend.

Alice went silent staring at the ground before looking at her uncle. She bawled her hands into fists and looked back up at Sinon.

Alice: Very well. I shall head south. Make sure Eugeo also goes as the Red Forces could take him as well.

Sinon: I will. Now go. Let's end this war.

Alice: Right.

Alice took off on her dragon as Sinon watched.

.......

Mav watched as everyone around him began to heal up. It seems like they haven't had a chance to break through enemy lines.

Mav: Klein.

Klein: Oh hey Mav.

Mav: Don't think I thanked you helping out.

Klein: Ah don't mention it. This is just what homies do.

Mav: Heh, true.

Asuna: Mav?

Mav: Yes?

Asuna: Um, is it just me or is that person look familiar.

Mav: Who?

Asuna pointed to a person on top of a stone pillar covered in all-black wearing a rain cloak.

Mav: Whoa! Look at tall dark and mysterious over here! Sorry Asuna, I only remember one edgelord in my life.

Klein: Wait, no it can't be!

Mav: You know this person Klein?

Klein: I know him?! You should know him all to well Mav! That's the leader of Laughing Coffin, PoH!

Mav: For real?

.........

Higa: That's it! I found it!

Kikuoka: What is it?

Higa: I found a way to stifle the duplicating loop of the Red Forces with this, we can slow and perhaps even stop the constant influx of people! I just need to-

*Click*

Higa, Kikuoka and Kojiro all turned to the sound of a slide racking back.

Yanai: I can't let you do that Higa.

The Maverick(Sword Art Online X Male Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें