One Bed (Peggysous)

Written for Peggysous Week 2022 on Tumblr! Run by @peggysousweek - go check it out!

Prompts: Cuddling, "Here we go again.", Jack Thompson, One Bed

Summary: Jack, Peggy, and Daniel are going undercover abroad in the hunt for Dottie Underwood. Jack's going in as a businessman, and Daniel and Peggy are going in as a married couple. The problem is, neither of them have gotten up the courage to admit their feelings for each other yet. And their hotel room only has one bed.

A/N: I think this is the closest I've come to an aggressive fanfiction cliche, so be warned. I'm 100% not sorry.

****************

"Alright, once we check in, we'll officially be undercover. Jack, you'll meet with us in our room a few times, but otherwise there will be no contact. Especially in public. Are we clear?" asked Peggy, whispering as she reviewed the plan one last time with Jack and Daniel. In their pursuit of Dottie Underwood, the three SSR agents were going undercover abroad. Jack would play an independent American businessman, while Daniel and Peggy played a married couple on their honeymoon.

"Perfectly clear," said Daniel.

"Last chance to get me as your husband instead, Carter," said Jack with an insufferable grin. Daniel glared at the blond, but Peggy just rolled her eyes.

"Jack, you and I both know we'd kill each other in a matter of hours. Now, if there's nothing else we need to discuss?"

Jack huffed, but stayed silent.

"Good. Then let's go."

****************

Jack check in first, with Daniel and Peggy staying back to avoid suspicion from all three of them checking in at the same time. The plan was for him to meet them at their room before going over more specific details of their assignments for the next few days in private.

After waiting a little over twenty minutes, Peggy and Daniel linked arms and headed inside. Both of them tried desperately to ignore how fast their hearts were beating, and both of them failed when Daniel told the receptionist Peggy was his wife.

"You and your wife will be in room 312, Mr. Anderson," she said, using the fake name Daniel had given her as she handed over the key. "We hope you enjoy your stay. And congratulations."

"Thank you," said Peggy and Daniel in sync, nether of their blushes entirely faked as they nodded and walked away from the counter.

After a short elevator ride and a short walk down the hall, Peggy and Daniel made it to their room. Jack arrived with a smile and a wave just as Daniel unlocked the door, exactly as planned.

"You two sure do a good job of acting like a married couple," teased Jack as the trio stepped into the room. Peggy and Daniel looked away from each other and blushed, which only made Jack laugh. Only an idiot would miss the obvious crushes Peggy and Daniel had on each other, and Jack had noticed their mutual feelings back when Daniel was still a regular agent in New York.

He'd been going crazy watching them dance around each other. So, if there happened to be a few opportunities to make them confront their feelings throughout the course of this mission, then Jack wanted to take them.

"Alright, let me and Peggy drop our bags, and then we can start going through the specifics of the next few days," said Daniel. Jack just nodded before plopping down on the room's couch as Peggy and Daniel headed for the bedroom.

Jack surveyed the decorations of the suite while he waited for his two colleagues to return. When they didn't, and he didn't hear their bags drop to the floor or footsteps or any signs of life, he decided it might be time to investigate.