chapter fifty two

C a r l

"Ahh! Dada! Dada!" My head shoots up to the toddler who runs (waddles) into the kitchen towards me with a pouty face. Her little feet making a pitter-patter sound on the floor.

I immediately drop the grip and barrel of my gun that I was cleaning and spring up, meeting her halfway.

"What's wrong, Han?" I ask, picking her up and propping her on my hip. I examine her quickly and look around before looking back to her. I let out a sigh of relief seeing that she's not in any actual danger or harmed in any way.

I look up and see Enid walk into the room with an unamused expression. She leans against the doorway with her arms crossed. Hanna gasps and hides her face in my neck.

"What's happening right now?" I ask, looking between the two, scared of what i'm being dragged in the middle of.

"Your daughter decided to steal my pocket watch when I looking." Enid says looking between our baby and me. I look down at Hanna who lifts her head up a bit to look back at me. It's only now that I notice the watch in her little hand.

"Did you take your Mommy's watch?" She makes a pouty lip and looks down, nodding.

"Come on, you have to give it back to her. That's important to her. You know that." Hanna's eyes start tearing up and she holds the watch out to Enid.

"Sowwy Mama!" She starts crying. Enid's face drops and she rubs the baby's back soothingly.

"Hey, it's okay baby. You're not in trouble, but you did something you're not supposed to do. I'm not mad. Daddy's not mad. You just have to make the smarter choice next time, okay?" Hanna stares at her mother for a second, not exactly understanding all of the words she's saying, but enough to comprehend. She nods before hugging my neck and tucking her face into my shoulder.

"Do you want to take a bath?" Enid asks, knowing that it'll cheer Hanna up.

Hanna quickly raises her head and nods.

"Yuh." We both chuckle at her and I kiss her cheek before handing her to Enid.

Hanna has her hand in her mouth and a smile on her adorable face.

"Have fun princess." I smile down at her, kissing her cheek.

"Ahhahaha!" Hanna squeals and giggles, exposing her front teeth that are starting to slowly come in.

Before I can pull away, she grabs onto my hair, catching my attention.

"Did you grab your daddy's hair?" Enid looks down at Hanna in her arms, watching the exchange.

"Dada," She reaches for my face.

I move my face so it's just in front of hers. I peer into her matching crystal blue eyes, trying to understand what she's thinking.

"Maaah!" She leans in a presses a kiss on my bandage.

I cant fight the grin forming on my lips. Enid giggles at the two of us.

"She loves her daddy so much."

I press a bunch of kisses on Hanna's cheek, making her laugh loudly.

"I love my, Hannie so much!" I say between kisses.

I reach up and repeat the action to Enid, kissing up her neck to her cheek. Her giggles get louder and Hanna looks up at us with a grin.

"I love my, Enid so much too!" I pull away and fix my hat which had fallen back on my head. Enid reaches up and presses a short but chaste kiss on my lips before turning to Hanna.