chapter 24

Carl
We decided to spend the rest of the day here in Alexandria, and go back to Hilltop tomorrow morning. The day had settled down and it had gotten floral outside. We were all sitting around on my dad's porch, sitting together and spilling our hearts out.

Enid was curled up in my lap, we had a blanket wrapped around us and a Lantern in the middle of the deck, lighting up everyone's faces.

"So how's she really doing?" Michonne turns her attention to Enid who was currently sleeping in my arms.

"I don't honestly don't know." I sigh, pulling her closer.

"I just want to help her but I feel like nothing I do is actually helping. I thought that this was what she wanted-" I can't look away from her peaceful sleeping face. All I can do is feel guilty. I love our baby, but was this really what she wanted? I had been si sure that it was but now I don't know.

"She wants it. You know that deep down. There are very little things she cares about more than that baby, you being one of em. You know how much she adores you and your baby." Maggie cuts me off.

"She's just having a hard time. I imagine that it's harder for her because she misses her parents. I remember how much I wanted your grandparents around when your mother was pregnant with you." Dad turns to me and I nod.

That makes sense. I have thought about what my mom would say if she knew about the baby. Wondered if she would be excited or not.

I look back down to Enid in my arms. I look over all of her beautiful features. Her long eyelashes, her perfect nose, her rosy pink lips. I hope our baby looks just like her. I lightly shake her awake, careful to not startle her.

"Hey, it's getting late. Let's head up for the night." She groggily nod.

She climbs out of my arms and bids goodnight to everyone. I do the same and follow her upstairs to our room. We get changed and climb into bed, cuddling up, and just laying there enjoying each other's presence.

"I'm not really tired anymore." She chuckles.

"Yeah, me neither." I agree. I look down at her and am reminded of our conversation from earlier.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about earlier." She looks up at me and reluctantly nods.

"I don't want you to be feeling this way. I want to see you excited and happy again. This is something big for us, and I don't want your own thoughts to ruin it for you." An idea pops into my head.

"I'm gonna show you how beautiful you are. And I will remind you as many times it takes until you believe it, just like the last time." I gently climb up and hover over her, leaning down and connecting our lips.

I did it before, I can do it again. I will do it again. She will see how amazing she is.

She wraps her arms around the back of my head and tangle her hands in my hair. I make my way down her jaw and chest to her t-shirt. It was one of my shirts because a lot of her shirts don't really fit her anymore.

I pull away and she lifts my shirt over my head, me doing the same to hers shortly after. I lean back down and start leaving soft kisses along her chest.

"I love every part of you. You're so insanely gorgeous Enid." I look into her stunning eyes.

"I love you." Was all she could manage to whisper.

"I love you too." I smile and lean in for another kiss. I rub a gentle hand over her swollen belly.

"I love looking at your belly. Seeing your baby bump makes me so happy." I lean down and pepper kisses all over her belly.

"And I love your soft skin." I lean down and pull off the plain light blue underwear she was wearing.

"You're so sexy baby." I could tell she didn't believe me by the look on her face. Her brows furrowed and she tried avoiding eye contact. I place my hand under her chin to make her look at me. I grab her hand and place it down on my boxers, her face heats up at the bulge.

"You are sexy Enid. That doesn't just go away just because you gain a little extra weight. I will always think you're sexy." She shivers and nods. I pull off my boxers and look back up to her.

"Please," She peers deep into my eyes. I nod and position myself at her dripping core before pushing in.

"Ohhh~" She breathlessly gasps.

"Shit Enid! You always feel sooo good!" I let out a deep groan in her ear.

"Carlll!" I pulled out before pushing back into her. Her grip on my hair tightened and our bodies were both heating up and sweating like crazy.

Clam down Carl. This is about Enid, not you. I lean down and leave kisses on her neck.

"Mhhhh faster! Please!" Well if she insists! Don't wanna disappoint her.

I pulled out and slam back inside. She was so warm and wet around me, it felt amazing! I continue roughly and sloppily thrusting in and out, trying not to go overboard on her.

"Ah! Ahh! Ahhhh! C-Carl i'm so close!" Her eyes were squeezed shut and her cheeks were flushed pink. She was sweaty and trying to catch her breath. Okay now's my cue.

I pull out and stare at her, a smug look on me face.

"Carl! What are you doing?!" She looks pissed. I feel so bad and I was also about to be at my own limit, but I need to prove my point.

"Sorry baby, but we're not doing anything until you tell me five things you like about yourself and mean them. If you can come up with more, I'll even go down on you." I smirk at her. I could practically see the fumes coming out of her ears.

"Are you serious? Come on, let's just finish. Please?" She looks frustrated. I feel bad, but I have to stand strong.

"Nope! Five things." She raises her brows with an unbelieving look and sighs.

"I like my eye color, I like my long hair, I like the way your clothes fit me, and I love my baby bump." She looks deep into my eyes, hoping that I accept her answer.

"I love all those things too." I lean in and kiss her.

"I love you. Now we can finish." I see a small smile appear on her face and she starts giggling.

"I love you too Cowboy. Now come here!" She pulls me back down on top of her causing me to laugh.

"Your wish is my command princess!" I tease and lean back in. I connect our lips and push back in, leading us to our finish.

"Ahhhhhh!"

"Fuck!" I bucked my hips one last time before releasing into her. She moans out my name and cums around me.

"You tired yet?" I flip down on the bed besides her and try to catch my breath.

"A little." She giggles, looking into my blue eyes with her beautiful turquoise ones.

"Well the. goodnight baby. I love you. Every part of you. Remember that." She smiles and nods. I wrap my arms around her waist and she scootches over to lay on my chest, tucking her head in the crook of my neck.

"I love you too. Thanks for this Cowboy." I nod and pull the covers over us. I listen to the sound of her breathing slow as she drifted to sleep, finally falling asleep myself.