chapter 14

Enid
"All of you go get cleaned up and head out front. We're having a community meeting." Rick gave us the hint before heading back outside shaking his head.

"Alright, now that you guys blamed me, let's go get you cleaned up." Carl groans, ushering the children back up the stairs.

"It was your fault!" Judith fights back, causing me to laugh.

"Yeah yeah!" My boyfriend dismisses his sister.

After getting cleaned up and helping the littles ones as well, we headed outside to the front yard where the picnic would be held.

Judy was holding my hand and Carl was holding Hershey as we walked out the front doors of Barrington.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted at sights of the little girl, causing her to grin.

"Thank you!" She squeals, running up to Carol and giving her a big hug.

She's too cute! I cant believe she's getting to be so big now. She's actually six years old. It's crazy! But I couldn't be more proud to call her my little best friend.

"Judy look at all these new fruits!" Michonne smiles at her daughter, pulling the small girl's hair back and out of her face. She gets a plate out and fills it with various fruits.

"What is that one?" Judith points at the mango, after taking a seat on the blanket besides her mother.

"That's a mango. Try it! It's very juicy and sweet, I think you'll like it." The little girl reluctantly put a small cut cube of mango into her mouth and her face immediately lit up.

"It's so yummy!" She starts devouring the rest of the fruits on her plate, causing everyone to chuckle. I notice Carl's gaze. He was subconsciously smiling softly at me. My heart! He's so adorable! I love this boy so much! I return the smile, leaning my head on his shoulder and interwinding our fingers.

"That's gonna be us soon." he whispers into my ear, causing me to grin and look up at him.

"I can't wait!" I lean up and kiss his lips. I soon break the kiss and pick up a strawberry from my plate, holding it up to his mouth. He chuckles, raising his eyebrows in the most adorable way possible and opens his mouth to eat the strawberry.

"You two are just the cutest!" Carol's voice catches our attention.

"I-Thanks!" I stutter out, flustered. The silver haired woman chuckles before turning back her conversation with Daryl and Ezekiel.

"I was thinking about telling my dad later." Carl caught my attention. I look back at him, trying to read his face.

"Do you want me to help you?" I don't want him to feel like he has to do this alone. It's our baby. He rubs circles onto the back of my hand.

"No, that's okay. I haven't talked to him in awhile so I think it'll be good for us." He presses a kiss on my forehead. I nod my head in understanding and flick the top of his hat, giggling. He picks up a strawberry.

"Well i'm here if you change your mind sport!" I grin, popping a chunk of mango in my mouth.

"I'll keep that in mind." He grins, dropping the strawberry in his hand, causing me to laugh.

"Enid! Can you braid my hair?" Judith stands in front of me, holding out a hairbrush, a hopeful smile on her adorable little face. It's official. I love all of the Grimes to the moon and back!

"Of course Judy! Come here!" I sit up from my previous position against Carl and lift my plate, moving it to the side to make space for the little girl in my lap.