chapter 22

Enid
We didn't have any swim suits, so we put on more conservative underwear. I changed into a black sports bra and some plain black boy shorts style underwear. Carl had on basketball shorts in place of swim trunks. I tied my hair up into a loose bun at the top of my head and turn around to see Carl staring at me.

"See something you like Grimes?" I smirk at him, causing him to smile and blush in response.

"Just my gorgeous girlfriend. And her beautiful baby bump. You look stunning baby. Now everyone's gonna see how big the baby's getting." He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my stomach in a hug.

"Do I look bad? I feel puffy." I sigh, looking over my body in the mirror.

"You look pregnant, which is a good thing since you are. You look perfect Enid." He turns me around, gripping my shoulders and grabbing my attention.

I nod in understanding and he takes my hand leading us downstairs and to the pond.

Lately my self esteem has been pretty bad. I love my baby and the bump as proof of they're existence, but I hate so many of the changes in my body. I know that in this world that there's more important things than gaining weight and getting emotional or restless, but I can't tick away these feelings.

Whenever I look in the mirror, all I can see is my chubby arms, swollen feet, puffy face, and oily hair. My breasts have gotten bigger too. I feel like no matter how much I wash my hair, it's still always oily! And I cant stand the extra weight.

If I don't even like the way I look, why would Carl? He's been amazing the past few months with me and this baby- more than usual, and all I can do to repay him is give him sex which I initiate.

Does he even want to have sex with me anymore or is he just doing it because I asked and he loves me too much to say no? Does he even think i'm sexy anymore?

He's always telling me that he doesn't believe any of the things I think, but it's still so hard to convince myself otherwise when that's all my brain tells me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Carl turns to me, his hat blocking out the sun behind him.

"Yeah, i'm alright. Thank you." I smile at him, trying to convince myself more than him.

He reluctantly nods and squeezes my hand in comfort.

"Enyd! Carl! This is awesome! Fank you!" Hershel shouts, running over to us and enveloping us in a hug, Judith and Grace right behind him.

"No problem little man, it was all your sisters idea anyways." Carl ruffles the little boys hair.

Looking down at my baby brother's face caused a small pang in my heart. He's just like a miniature Glenn. Unfortunately he never got to meet his father, but each day he looks and acts more and more like him. I love him more than anything, but sometimes the reminder hurt a little.

"No problem bub. Figured it'd be something nice to do before we go back home." I rub his chunky little cheek and his grin widens. He nods his head and the three turn to run back to the pond.

It wasn't as big as the lake that used to be there, but it was better than the walker inferno that it previously was. Thanks to Eugene, Gabriel, Aaron, and a couple of the newbies from the sanctuary, they were able to somewhat restore it.

"Heard this was your idea? Not too bad. It's a nice break from everything and nice to catch up with everyone." Rick comes over, pulling me into a hug and then Carl.

It was funny seeing his graying chest hairs.

"You should've seen the smile on Judy's face." I smile back, causing him to chuckle.
——————————————
Carl
"Woah! Enid, look like baby's already planning to escape!" Tara's loud mouth comes skipping over with a smile.