chapter 19

Enid
Today is Carl's birthday! He's officially 18 today and I want to do something special for him. I woke up early from morning sickness, got up from bed and ran into the bathroom, puking my guts out into the toilet, trying to keep my volume low so I don't wake the birthday boy.

Usually, Carl heard me and wakes up, coming over to hold my hair up and rub my back, comforting me. Today however, I do not want to wake him up. Today is not about me.

After I stopped throwing up, I brushed my teeth and tiptoed into our room to get ready. The sun was gonna come up soon, but not right away. I looked at the clock on the nightstand besides Carl's hat and it read '6:05'.

I look over to my peaceful boyfriend still sleeping in bed. The blanket was draped over him, stopping at his waist. He had one arm supporting his head, and the other was out in the bed, where it was previously wrapped around me.

He didn't have his bandage on, so I could still see the bullet wound on his gentle sleeping face. He let out soft breaths through his slightly parted lips, but not quite snores.

I have the cutest boyfriend in the world. I subconsciously place my hand in my stomach and smile to myself.

I can only imagine how beautiful our baby will be. I hope he or she will get Carl's gorgeous eyes and adorable freckles.

Back to business!

I turn away from my adorable sleeping boyfriend, and go into my backpack, pulling out the items I needed before going back into the bathroom quietly.

I quickly get changed and stare at myself in the mirror. I was currently standing there in just the lacy black bralette and some lacy black underwear that I picked up yesterday just for today. Just for Carl. Hopefully he likes it.

I decide to leave my hair down, just brushing out the tangles. I still wanted to spruce it up a bit so I decided to part it down the middle instead of the side which I typically had it. I also put on a few spritz of perfume and admire myself in the mirror.

After the whole situation with Tyler, I found it really hard to look at myself, and avoided mirrors all together, but when I found out that I was pregnant, I couldn't help but admire my stomach in the mirror any time I passed it.

Even in the weeks leading up to finding out, and when my stomach was still flat, I'd find myself standing infront if the mirror, holding my breath so my stomach could appear bigger in the mirror, imagining what it'd be like if I was actually pregnant.

Now here we are. I'm only about three months into my pregnancy, and the baby is still pretty small, but I still had a small bump. I hold my stomach, gently supporting the baby, and smile at myself.

I couldn't be any happier with my life at the moment. The baby was currently about the size of a strawberry. I cant believe something small is living inside of me.

After realizing that I got sidetracked, I glance out the window in the bathroom and see that the sun is starting to come up.

When I get back into our bedroom, I see that i've been gone for about a half hour, and that it was now 6:37. Now to start my surprise.

I close the door behind me, locking it so we wouldn't be interrupted if anyone woke up and decided to deliver an early happy birthday.

I head over to the bed and climb in, sitting down carefully on Carl's lap. I lean down and kiss his forehead, waking him up.

"Mhhh, good morning baby." He groans and sits up against the headboard, pulling me closer to his chest and wiping the sleep from his stunning eye.

"Morning Carl! Happy eighteenth!" I smile, connecting our lips into a short kiss.