chapter 8

Enid

According to the clock in the infirmary, it was 7:47 when I had finished inventory for all of the pill bottles. Dr. Carson decided to let me off early since there wasn't much else to do for the day. I gave him the sheet, and waved goodbye and headed towards the forgery.

The quicker I get this stupid tour over with, the better. It's already practically pitch black outside, so I took a flashlight with me to guide my way. The only other light to eliminate Hilltop was the fire pit in the center of town. What's even the point of giving a damn tour if you can barley even see anything?

I walk into the tent and see Tyler already walking in my direction with a cheeky grin. I hate him already. This guy just couldn't take no for an answer. I'm not going to lie though- I appreciated him making Carl jealous. Carl is usually pretty protective over his family, but that was something else. It was hot. Pushing that thought aside, I walk back out of the tent, Tyler on my trail.

"So where to first?" I sigh and place my hands on my hips. I wish I still had Carl's hat on, but he took it back after our little takeout session in his room earlier. I now had my hair up in a loose and probably messy ponytail to help with the summer heat.

It took about thirty minutes to complete the tour and to introduce Tyler to everybody, but now I just have to show him back to his trailer. We walked down the darker path towards the trailers. Most of the trailers on this side were empty, seeing as Maggie decided to save them for new recruits, so it was pretty dark and quiet back here.

"Hey Enid, this is me right here," He gestured to the old trailer infant of us.

"Alright. Have a good night-" I try to walk away but am stopped by him grabbing my arm. This guy is seriously on my last nerve.

"Why don't you come in and join me for dinner?" He smirks at me. Cheeky bastard.

"Thanks, but i'm good. I usually eat dinner with my family." I try to walk away again, but his grip on my arm tightens.

"What are you-"

"I invited you in. It's rude not to accept. You gave me a tour, so I'd like to show my thanks." His voice drops. Oh shit. Now I'm getting nervous. I need to leave. This isn't safe.

"No, I'm fine, I promise. I have to go now." I try to pry his arm off of me, but he just grabs me with his other and slams me against the trailer. Fuck, fuck, fuck! What do I do? Think Enid think!

I raise my knee up with force to knee him in his junk, but he blocks my leg with his own, pinning it against the trailer as well, now standing between my legs. He leaned down onto me, resting his clothed hard-on against my jeans.

"Get off of me!" I scream out but to no avail. He leans down to my neck, plastering his lips to it. No, no, no! This isn't happening. Only Carl can kiss me. I don't want this!

"Help! Carl! Somebody! Help!" I felt so pathetic pleading out for help like this, but there was nothing else that I could do. I was now crying, tears pouring down my face, while his hand slapped over my mouth to shut me up.

"Shut your fucking mouth, and be a good girl." He grit his teeth and takes out a knife from his guarder. He brings it up to my chest and slashes it down, cutting my shirt open. He rips off the remnants of my shirt so I am just left in my bra. Refusing to let this happen, I continue to attempt to kick and punch him, but to no avail. He is way stronger that he looks.

"Black bra huh? You were just begging for me, weren't you?" He grins. No! This was because I liked it, not for some guy! He pins both of my hands above my head, and uses his other arm to yank my jeans down my legs, and then his own.

"Somebody help me! Carl! Please!" I cry out while he laces his fingers in my bra, pulling it off. He slams his hand back on my mouth, making me hit my head on the trailer behind me and all I can do is continue crying.

"Shut up stupid bitch!" He takes the knife and slashes it over my arm causing it to bleed and I scream out in pain into his hand. I am scared for my life. It hurts so much. He starts to go to pull down my underwear and all I can think about is my family. Maggie. Hershel. Jesus. Carl. Judith. Everyone. They would think that I'm weak and as disgusting as I feel. Will Carl even still want me? I can't lose them. I can't loose him. I just continue crying and praying to whatever god may be out there for this all to be over soon.

"Get your fucking hands off of her!" Is there really a god? Maybe I should start believing. Carl dragged the fucker off of me and punched him as hard as he possible could onto the ground. He got on top of him and started punching him repeatedly in the face. Tyler's face was starting to get so battered and bloody it was almost hard to recognize, and he just kept trying to block Carl's punches but to no avail. All I could do was fall to my knees and continue crying, trying to cover myself from being as exposed as I was.

"The bitch was asking for it! Wearing all those tight clothes? That tank top was so low- left almost nothing to the imagination!" Tyler yelled out between punches. Carl stopped in his tracks, and just stared at him. He slowly tilted his head and gave him the infamous Grimes glare that I've seen from his father only once, and heard stories about. The glare that was only given right before he fucked people up big time. Like father, like son.

Carl rips his gun out from the holster strapped on his leg and shoves it right between Tyler's eyes. Tyler looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Wait! No! Stop! Don't do this! I swear I won't touch her again! I get it man! She's all yours! Please!" He throws his arms up in a surrender, his eyes pleading with Carl's but Carl didn't back down for a second. He doesn't blame me.

"You fucking touched her. You hurt her. You fucking hurt her!" He pulled the trigger, blood and brain matter rained down on the grass. The sound of the gunshot pierced the silence of the night.

Carl slowly got up, returned his gun to its holster, and made his way over to me. He took off his flannel, and crouched down to meet me. Draping to flannel over my shoulders, he finally speaks.

"Am I allowed to touch you?" I stare into his eyes for a second before breaking down again and nodding my head. It is only now that I see the blood splattered on his freckled cheeks. He pulls me into a hug and I just sob uncontrollably into his chest. He holds the back of my head against his chest. He laid his head over mine, holding me close as if trying to shield me from the world.

"Shhh... it's alright, you're alright. I'm here." He whispered and soothed to me until I was finally able to stop crying about what I guess would be a half hour later. I just breathe in his scent that I love so much, and gripped onto him and never let go.

"You shouldn't be out here baby. You shouldn't see that. I'm so sorry. I should've had someone cover my shift and gone with you. I'm so sorry Enid." He sniffled into my hair. I pull away from his chest, just enough to look him in the eye. My heart practically shattered.

"It's not your fault. I should've done is during daylight or better protected myself. You saved me Carl. You always save me." I do nothing but stare into his eye, wiping his tears.

"None of this was your fault Enid. I need you to believe that." He pleads with me and I just nod.

"Alright," He clears his throat and starts to stand up, pulling me up with him.

"If you feel comfortable with it, I will help you get your clothes back on. I don't want you to strain your injured arm. I'll take you back to Barrington, and we'll clean up the wound and you can get some sleep." I nod again, not being able to get myself to speak. I feel so pathetic.

Carl leaned down, pulling my jeans back up around my waist, before picking up the remnants of my shirt and bra and looking back to me. He buttons the flannel up and leans down, settling his arm under my knees and behind my back, hoisting me up and heading to Barrington.

All I could do was lean in, clinging to him, and be engulfed with his scent and warmth.

—————————————————
Please like and comment so I know what you guys like and would like to see in upcoming chapters! Thank you!